Restore refit factory original stock airbox, reverting from pod filter

Zooter

I just bought 1st Guzzi. Local roads are grubby dusty mess, and I ride in the wet, no pods need apply. So I want to get the stock airbox back on in short order. Searching came up with nothing much in the way of what to expect, I'm not entirely ignorant in the ways of carbs but fuel injection? I read the primer that was linked somewhere. If nobody can point me in the right direction I'll do a pictorial.

I imagine the fuel map will be quite different with the pods? Or does the stock map cope? I don't think it's been modded otherwise, no Power Commander or fancier cans.

What I don't want to do is put airbox back and find it won't start!

I'll have a DIY $5 differential yardstick manometer on hand. Looking into the mapping control in the pinned thread.

Not likely anything significant (like the actual map) was changed with the pods. Doing a complete "tune-up" is your best medicine.

You will have to locate the air temperature sensor to reattach to the airbox. Most likely, it is just zip tied to the frame somewhere, although it might have been put in a canister of some type.

While you're at it, have a go at some of this: Tank Off Maintenance Checklist

I suppose that's a ten year list. :luigi:

If you just fettle a little something extra every time the tank's off (and each time the wheels are off), they just keep getting better and better!

It at least gives you a punch-list of things to put your eyes on, or your fingers on, while it's there easy to see.