Petcock wires are gone

Midle Age Warrior

Hello guys and happy holidays for you all

In the saga of my recent acquired V11 Sport I realized that the wires of the electrical petcock broke just in the base. Since I am not in the states and we are in holidays  season, my question is if there is a way to fix at least temporaly this problem

Thank in advance

There is enough of the broken wires to solder them back on? If so then repair and cover the repair with epoxy to stop another break (which is common there).

Really with a fuel injected system a petcock shouldn't be required, the injectors are closed.

Remove some parts for a temporary fix as Hubert says.

Perhaps the previous owner already did that, are the wires still there?

Easy to check just loosen the hose and see if fuel squirts out.

I still like the electric petcock on my bikes, makes removing the tank easier.

For a permanent fix, do as Docc says and strap the wires to the body with a ty-wrap for good measure.

Thank you guys

I first did a quick repair  I found in Wildguzzi.com forum I guess, I took of the petcock and replaced with a proper size screw (enough to get home) I then work on the epoxy and clean the contacts, weld a new wires and redo the epoxy a couples of tie wraps and "voala" like new, I will change the o ring to finish the job.

The mechanic does not show up yet so I still have a 400 pounds  paper weitgh or a non ride V11 Sport as you wish.

I decided to wait for the mechanic but due the fact the guy has no word I going to try the alternative way.

My first question is about I can use a Ducati Monster 900 Magneti Marelli IAW 15M ECU in my bike just to discard a few things 

Have a good day and enjoy your rides

... My first question is about I can use a Ducati Monster 900 Magneti Marelli IAW 15M ECU in my bike just to discard a few things ...

You can. The engine will start and idle. Everything above idle will be quite a bit lean of course.

Keep this ecu, for once you've got the cable and software you can 'upgrade' it to a genuine V11 ecu.

Hubert