Gratefulness time and ride report

Hello Folks

One of my Father's activities was a quick ride with some friend to test Cicciolina (2001 V11Sport ) that was off duty during a few weeks waiting for some spares, 110 miles trip with 100 mph top speed not a single problem just pure fun.

I must confess I was more than afraid I was terrified at the beginning of my relationship with my V11 who started by trade for one of my favorite bicycles about 8 months ago.

After Cicciolina arrived home towed in a friend truck since she was unable to ride due some electrical issues she remained untoched in the same place near 3 month waiting for a suposed Guzzi technician who after a few hours and a fat bill told me the problem was the TPS since a Harley one was installed instead, and he could not returned her back to the road, ".. when you find the original Guzzi TPS, I will back and perform a full tune up for free..." he said, I told him that I found a nice forum plenty of information about this Guzzis where the common knowledge agreed with the fact that Harley TPS if not the same perform well enough in our bikes, "...no way he said, the Axone never lies and I do not like the forums because they are a bunch of amateurs..."  after that he left and let me in the same point I was 3 month early.

Since here in Venezuela we do not have dealers, parts or Guzzis in general (to be right I was told that mine is the only Greeny in the country) I was on my own.

I spent the whole week worry about how bad was my decision of trade my bicycle for this 400 pound paper weigh, so the next Sunday armed with a lot of determination and helped with the How to adjust TPS of this forum I had success and was running in no time (not really but was running at least).

After that and I must insist thanks for the help and support of this forum and the wisdom of some members that selflessly dedicated time to research and suggest solutions due to the lack of resources and even giving me spare parts kiwwiRoy And fotoguzzi among others my 2001V11 Sport it is now running and giving me a big dosis of excitement and pleasure.

Since the day I perform my first TPS setting I also did:

Wheels bearings

Fluids change

Rear shock service

Rear shaft maintenance and lubrication

Bevel box inspection

Air box installation

Wire loom replacement

ECU relocation

Ignition switch clean up (thanks kiwiroy)

Relays test and replacement

Grounds clean 

Brakes

Among other things

Thanks to you all guys for the support and wisdom ONE MORE TIME

• Like 2

I'm filled with joy that you can now ride it.. it's so much better than a bicycle, right?

Yes she is indeed but I still miss my Turner Sultan, one of the better bicycles I ever own among many in the last 25 years

I love the name of your V11 and how you derived it! :grin:

It is fantastic that you have this motorcycle and are enjoying it. This shows some extraordinary testament to your character! :notworthy: