Surfing a Motorcycle

Check this out. This is actually a dirt bike surfing. Two things I love... but not so sure they go together well.

Back story:

I guess not every creek crossing has a shallow enough entry to aquaplane across, and not every surf beach has hard enough sand that those solid platforms would be suitable....so perhaps we need a drop stitched inflatable version of those platforms with airbag rapid inflating technology and an acronym so the latte set can fund the R+ D ? Perhaps BFX ( Blow and Flow cross ?)

Ok, lame, but it's better than the waffle on stand up paddling I started with

Somehow, this reminds me of people base-jumping in wing suits. Amazing, fascinating, stunning, and beyond my comprehension.  :blink:

One of those, "If this is the answer, what was the question?" 

Not everything that CAN be done SHOULD be done... but now that it WAS done, it's very hard to look away.

He's fortunate to be alive. Teahupoo (the massive wave he rode at the end) breaks into shallow water over a reef. 

Not everything that CAN be done SHOULD be done... but now that it WAS done, it's very hard to look away.

He's fortunate to be alive. Teahupoo (the massive wave he rode at the end) breaks into shallow water over a reef. 

Right? That's what the long travel suspension is for! 

Win-win!

I may piss a few people off by saying I'm not all that impressed by this stunt. I do allow that it is creative and probably took a few hundred tries before it was workable but ........ snowmobilers have been doing stuff like this for years and they have even surfed (I can't find the video yet). There has even been guys taking those motorcycles that have a ski/track conversion and riding on water and what is very cool is they are ten times more manoeverable than this bike ........ just don't know of anyone brave enough to try surfing yet but it looks waaaaay more capable than this bike. I suppose the one aspect of this bike is that it can be ridden on land but that claptrap hanging off the bottom would seriously limit it's land ability.

I'll be impressed if he can do it on a bicycle ..........

• Like 1