Sport-touring screen (for Magni fairing) and new mirrors

Gio

Just fitted the final replacement parts following accident damage earlier this year ... a replacement screen for the Magni, and a pair of Vitaloni Californian mirrors. Gustafsson now offer a taller (10") "sport-touring" version of the screen for the Magni fairing (the standard one is ~ 6") so I thought I would give that a try.

I was hoping that fitment would be straightforward (as I already had the standard Gustafsson fiited) - but the taller screen required some outward bending of the fairing frame plates (the ones the mirrors bolt through) ... otherwise ok. It's also a little longer than the standard screen - extending an inch or so further than the standard - so I may trim the back corners accordingly.

The result is a much better screen - particularly if used with a tank bag ... more room to get under and actually view through. I was also surprised at how much more of that magnificent intake noise now reaches the ears! Recommended.

Not so much the Californian mirrors. They look great - and had a bolt spacing of 65mm (close enough to the 63 mm of the originals, so just a small amount of drilling / filing) but frankly useless at speed - too much vibrational distortion.

DSC03126.JPG