oil cooler lines

docc

As I go over my 100,000+ mile Sport, I'm trying to share what I find and give everyone a chance to look their V11 over for some possible issues. We've discussed a lot of the these things in the distant past.

For instance, while addressing my regulator case grounds, I noticed one of the oil cooler lines had found a new place to saw into the timing chest.

I had added quite a few strategically placed "Zip-ties" as rub guards, but needed to add a couple more.  Some of the older ones are getting quite thin. Not every V11 has the lines routed like mine, apparently, but they are worth inspecting regularly and preventing them from developing a leak.

post-328-12806784738981_thumb.jpg

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15645&p=172630

• Like 1

As I go over my 100,000+ mile Sport, I'm trying to share what I find and give everyone a chance to look their V11 over for some possible issues. We've discussed a lot of the these things in the distant past.

For instance, while addressing my regulator case grounds, I noticed one of the oil cooler lines had found a new place to saw into the timing chest.

I had added quite a few strategically placed "Zip-ties" as rub guards, but needed to add a couple more.  Some of the older ones are getting quite thin. Not every V11 has the lines routed like mine, apparently, but they are worth inspecting regularly and preventing them from developing a leak.

post-328-12806784738981_thumb.jpg

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15645&p=172630

Depending on the size and room I have used a piece of fuel line and or radiator hose and to retain them as you did with zip ties. Or if I was feeling really energetic I would make holders out of aluminum and or HDPE. :)