cruise control

mik

Here are the two forum threads specifically on "Throttlemeister" returned via the Search function:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...throttlemeister

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...throttlemeister

The first thread was when I first contacted the Throttlemeister folks back in Summer 2002 right after buying the bike, and they didn't have a specific fit for the Sport/LeMans but supplied me with a universal fit for the correct bar diameter. I believe they have a more specific unit for the Sport/LeMans now.

I can't recommend the unit enough, top notch workmanship :thumbsup: Excellent throttle "lock" and great looking and heavy bar-ends, all in one package, with a nice Italian red stripe to boot :D

The photo below shows their "heavy" unit installed, and although the "heavy" model is long, the photo's perspective exaggerates the effect unfortunately. In real life, the "heavy" units are a great fit for the bike.

You can see photos of them installed on my bike at:

Al's Throttlemeister Gallery

al

post_5_1074752407.jpg

al, thanks for the response. I should have entered 'Throttlemeister' in the search

window instead of 'cruise control.' :homer: Once again this website has helped clear the fog from my overworked brain. Now I'll know which 'Throttlemiester' to order. Your installation post is also having an encouraging effect...I oughta have my LeMans road ready by the time the snow melts. :bike::bier: mik

Hi mik,

Al is right on about the Throttlemeisters. After reading some of Al's posts here about them I ordered a set for my 2002 LeMans, the same heavy units as Al's except mine are polished. The installation was very easy....getting the old weights off was the toughest part but per suggestions here I wrapped the weights with several layers of duct tape, locked a set of pliers on them and then used an allen wrench to get them off.

After that it was a very easy install...just a little tweaking to make sure I got the right amount of friction against the throttle to hold it.

They are a wonderful device and the heavy ones sure do reduce the vibes even further in the bars.

chris in omaha

I got the Vista Cruise to work with mine and I switched to thicker gel grips and went with Manic Slamander Weights. These weights are a couple of ounces heavier than the meister and imho they damp the vibes a little better. I can now ride all day in comfort. Total cost for all three was $110, a little less than the throttlemeister.

The throttle misters/vita throttle locks are only really good on dead flat ground if you are riding in a group or in rolling terrian or both they are !@#$ing useless. Dpending on what you want to use it for there are some speed dependat crusie controls around but depends on how much you wish to spend.

That's true Murray...I see your point. Mostly I use it for giving my right hand/wrist an occasional break on longer rides. I have a Throttle Rocker installed as well and I use my thumb on the Throttle Rocker to hold the throttle in place while I use the rest of my fingers to turn the ThrottleMeister and lock the throttle. Works really well.

I find that it's great on those 8+ hours days where you can just partially lock the Throttlemeister so that it lightly holds the throttle and gives your right hand a break from gripping the bar..... and you can just "tap" the grip either way to adjust speed ^_^

I've never used it as a pure "lock" holding the throttle open at one setting so I can be "hands free"

al

I bought the skinny Vista Cruise unit as I could tell the large unit from my California would not fit. I took the little sheetmetal bracket and deformed it to fit on one of the throttle mounting screws. I filled in the recess below the screw head with a couple of lock washers.

(reduced picture size, docc)

Edited by docc