MPH handlebar risers

Ralph Werner

Hi all,

I've installed MPH risers and am very impressed with them. First of all, they look OEM, which is very important to me. They don't look like a piece of billet with two holes drilled in them. In fact, their design is very clever with the two rounded areas which clamp the handlebar and stub machined that way to allow the master cylinders to fit inbetween them . From the rider's position, with the MG logo, they look great. They are somewhat adjustable in that the OEM bars can be moved in or out of the MPH clamp to vary the total width of the bars and if one wishes to change the angle of the bars, just remove the Allen head bolt that "holds" the OEM clamp to the forks and rotate to the desired position. The risers move the bar diagonally about 2 inches. I haven't been able to test them out very much because of snow but look forward to doing this soon. The Spiegler lines are very nice, stainless wrapped but also covered with a plastic cover which is essentially invisible to the eye. Again, a great idea.

I've seen and ordered Williamsville MG risers which clamp to the top of the forks and didn't like either their appearance or their feel. They weren't cheap and didn't include cables since they weren't needed but the lines were a little tight. The Two Bros. system looks funny to me and holds no appeal.

Cost of the MPH system is certainly in line with what you get. Mike told me they went through two other machinists until they could find one to do the project. The Spiegler lines are special order as well. I doubt anbody is making a killing from selling these risers. As best as I can tell, the risers themselves cost a little over $200, the balance is the Spiegler lines.

Frank

Excellent review Frank :thumbsup: Do you think you could post some additional(additional to Mike Haven's photos) of the bars installed?

As I mentioned, I'm going to try to soldier on with the stock setup, but will still keep these in mind if and when I decide risers would be helpful.

Thanks!

al

:thing: