teni lemans v11----new engine casing

fernando

i have been out of here for a while ....the site locked me out because of a new computer.

last december 03, i had the engine casing replaced and now--------

the bike cannot seem to hold idle .........and when i come to a stop at a light ,it dies.

took it back and dealer worked on it and ran good for 5 miles and then back to dying.

being an italian bike it is like a fellini movie.

and,biggest problem is that they did not change the trnny casing and thus i now have 2 shades of black and finishes.......

any ideas what i can do here.

being an italian bike it is like a fellini movie.

:lol: Nice line there.

What's the idle set to? Can you use the idle advance to keep it running when you come to a stop? If so, maybe you just need to step up the idle (should be what...1K or thereabouts?). Does it run off the line well? Any backfires, pops, etc? If so, then perhaps the TB's aren't synched correctly, or the dealer set the CO levels incorrectly.

Can't help you with the paint.

Cheers,

Jason

Well, unfortunately we don't really have enough info to go on to diagnose your idling issue from what you've provided... there are just too many variables :huh2:

But I will offer this... when I had the shop work on my bike last year, it was delivered to me in a state where it would not idle once hot at all, and the symptoms sound similar to yours. The solution/problem turned out to be that the valve lash was insufficent, and once heated up, was binding up the valve-train. Once the lash was loosened and set to Raceco specs, it's idled fine ever since. So you may want to put checking valve-lash on your list of issues to consider.

In regard to your engine finish concern, my question: Did your dealer provide you with a case with the 2003 smooth "satin" black finish? I ask because we've had an owner or two that have had the swap performed post photos, and although the color/texture of the new replaced black "fuzzy" cases was slightly different, it didn't seem obvious or a problem.

Could you post a photo?

al

thank you. i will tell the dealer about the valve lash as soon as i get back to connecticut.

posting photo.---yes ,but i have no idea how to post a photo.

can you tell guide me. do i need to get a program to do so.?

casing --smooth finish.

jacket in lieu--------------------- i wish i could have . the bike was running very smooth ,but,i was burnning oil and had been doing so since new ,so i figured why not do the casing since they had to take it apart.

the burning oil turned out to be an improperly installed ring.....something about the upper ring aligned with the lower ring and thus the oil was seeping through the openning..........

ff

thank you. i will tell the dealer about the valve lash as soon as i get back to connecticut.

posting photo.---yes ,but i have no idea how to post a photo.

can you tell guide me. do i need to get a program to do so.?

Posting a photo is easy. Just upload it to the forum by clicking on the "Browse" button for file attachements below when posting a message, and you can upload a photo from your PC.

casing --smooth finish.

uh oh, gosh I don't want to upset the apple cart, but if accurate... this is disturbing... as it seems that your dealer/Guzzi has given you the wrong cases?? :huh2: I would pursue this with your dealer if they've given you the 2003+ smooth satin black finish cases. MGNA here in the USA isn't doing this AFAIK. Globally I'm not sure what Guzzi is doing though.

The replaced cases we've seen here in the USA are a similar "fuzzy" finish as the original problematic cases, but with a slightly different black tone, and slightly different texture... but close enough.

Unless Guzzi isn't supplying "fuzzy" cases anymore, it sounds like a mistake has been made. Please let us know what your dealer says.

jacket in lieu--------------------- i wish i could have . the bike was running very smooth ,but,i was burnning oil and had been doing so since new ,so i figured why not do the casing since they had to take it apart.

the burning oil turned out to be an improperly installed ring.....something about the upper ring aligned with the lower ring  and thus the oil was seeping through the openning..........

ff

Good that they caught that at least ^_^

al

P.S.

Perhaps I missed it, but please let us know your location ;)

• 2 weeks later...

al,

my location is coral gables fla. (a city inside miami ).

but the bike ,lemans teni,is at my place in connecticut.

i had riddden it to miami via the mountains .

but after 3 months here i decided to take it back to ct.it is impossible to ride this bike here in florida due to that it is all flat. no good curves,no hills,nothing.......it was exasperating to ride.

so,i have my 82 r100rs here now.

as far as the casing,it is a very smooth black finish.

i will post photos when i get back to conn in june.

and will have the dealer check on the valve lash also.

i am leaving on a 2000 mile trip then.