fbf pistons

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

Finally took out the 03 lemans for it's maiden voyage. Initial impressions are favorable. No pinging, overall nice throttle response and very willing engine response. Very happy with new acquisition. I don't have stock 03 baseline for comparison but the bike felt much nicer than my 02 lemans set up. Still need to custom map the 03 post breakin. Just have to get electrical problem sorted. Can't wait to finish the break in. One odd thing was that even with the same pipes, xover and intake the 03 wasn't as loud as the 02. It sounded more muted, or maybe I'm just going deaf. :huh: any way still beautiful music :bike:

Guest callithrix
:angry: For some reason the #6 amp fuse keeps blowing and leaves me with no rear running light. Also for some reason my High beam doesn't work: not related to any of the mods.Hope to be able to sort it out by the weekend. :huh:

One of the few problems I had with my bike was the the left-hand switch gear quit working. What does fuse 6 control? Could they be related, i.e. the switch has grounded out?

Dang, Carl or somebody posted a key for the fuseblock, but I cant find it right off.

Cheers,

Jason

F1 ECU (5A)

F2 Pump, Coils, Injectors (10A)

F3 Battery re-charger (30A)

F4 Ignition Key Switch (10A)

F5 Hi/lo beams, Horn ,Brake light, Starter solenoid (15A)

F6 Dipped lights ( tail light, instrument lights, 'city' light in headlamp) (5A)

F7 Direction indicators (5A)

F8 Fuel solenoid ('99-'01) (5A), available ( '02 and on)

As such, if the F5 blows then the instrument lights shoulb be out. For the hi beam to go out and the lo beam to remain suggests either a bad bulb ( good news) ar a bad switch ( bad news). Although the contacts in the switch and connectors from there to the headlamp should be checked, cleaned, greased.

Guest RKolstad

HI All:

Sounds like the bayonet that holds the instrument light bulb. mine fell apart caused a ground and kept blowing the fuse. Others have had the same problem.

Bob Kolstad

Guest callithrix

Thanks. The bulb was my initial culprit but has been exonerated. You are correct the instrument bulb did go out. The contacts inside the headlight were broken. But I switched it out for the functional one from the 02 lemans and it did the same thing. ( By the way the headlight assembly and the headlight plug for the lemans is different from the vII naked bikes. The headlight bucket is plastic and the plug very cheaply made on the lemans. The VII bike gets a nice sturdy metal bucket with a better insulated and substansial looking plug).

I also switched out the realys with the ones from my 02 lemans (Bosch part Dan from Wild Guzzi) the stock Siemens one's wouldnt allow the either the Hi or low beam to work.

So I should check out the handle bar switch and the "bayonet"? I'm not quite clear what the bayonet is and where it's located. Thanks for any and all suggestions. It appears that my problem has multiple sources which compounds the problem. The bike is under warranty so i brought it to the dealer

I would still appreciate any suggestions and advice. Once again thank you.One the the nicest Benefits of Guzzi ownership is the helpful and genuine nature of your fellow Guzzi riders. :bike:

Guest jim in portland

We'll be dropping in the FBF Pistons into my engine this week. My mechanic let me know that he's reading a little over .005" clearance between the pistons and the cylinder walls, where as the stock pistons' clearance is around .002" - .0025". Anyone have similar experience with this kit?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Guest callithrix

I just measured the ring end gaps per the instructions. Wiseco tech # is1-440-951-6600 if you have any questions I'm sure they'll be happy to answer them. By the way got the bike back from dealer runs very sweet except for an occasional stumble at idle I'll try increasing the idle. Also switched out the tyres for Pirelli Diablos they are'nt scrubbed in yet but the bike feels much more secure and neutral in turns over the bridgstones ; particularly during the initial turn in. Just my very subjective impression. By the way the bike pullls like freight train with the pistons very smooth. 03 engine feels very different than my 02. :bike: