First My15 assembled

Cliff

Thought you may be interested to know that I've just finished assembling the first unit. I hope to be able to put in on a bike in the next week or so.

Here are some shots of the units - couldn't get inline to work here :angry:

http://www.jefferies-au.org/My16M/my15m.jpg

http://www.jefferies-au.org/My16M/my15m_bot.jpg

http://www.jefferies-au.org/My16M/latest.htm

Click on my signature to find out more

Here's some more discussion on the subject we had on the Wildguzzi forum while our old standby was laid-up sick ^_^

Wildguzzi My15 Thread

...synopsis though, you'll need to map it with Cliff's software in combo with a dyno/gas-analyzer, and a donor Marelli M15.

I'll be very interested to watch how it works out for Carl. And once the unit supports two 02 sensors, and tune for each cylinder, that will be even more attractive :thumbsup:

Great work Cliff :bier:

al

Yes, this is excellent, Cliff! :bier:

So, does anybody know if Mike Rich got his dyno setup? When I finally get the bike back together, a My15M may be just what I need. I'd love to have the dyno work done at MRM, if possible.... :grin:

At this point I'm stalled while waiting for a local bike to test it on.

Went down to the only Sydney Guzzi dealer and they're going to help find me someone.

They also want me to develop a controller for their Rotax powered Aprilia race bike, a 60 degree V twin with two independant ignition coils per cyclinder.

I'll get unlimited dyno time.

Sorry to hear you have hit a small bump in the road Cliff, but I'm sure you'll find someone you can work with. I bet you could get some Ducati guys interested later as well.

Sounds like fun though! Too bad you aren't around here, or vice-versa!

Let us know how it goes :bier:

al

Cliff, you rock! :thumbsup: I'll start looking around for a donor 15M, because eventually I'd like to fit the My15M into the sport. Too bad I don't have a dyno around here, but oh well. One of these days. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Jason

Are you in Mike's "neck of the woods" such that you could get the bike over to his shop Jason?

I don't know if he got his dyno though. I'll have to ask the next time I call to order parts.

al

Yeah... I'm in Philly, and he's in Long Island. Probably a few hours to drive there, I'm guessing. Actually, when I spoke to Mike at one point, he said he was considering makeing a move to Pennsylvania, but I don't know if he is or not.

The local guzzi dealer had a 2002 lemans come in for its first service today and allowed me to test my unit on it.

First off we hooked it up and turned the ignition on. All the numbers on the Optimiser looked good and nothing frying on the board or bike.

Next we put the original ECU on the bike and warmed it up.

Then back to my controller and turned it over with no throttle. Nothing seemed to happen. Try again with a little throttle and it roared into life.

Running was smooth although it needed a bit of throttle to keep from stopping. Considering I had neglected to configure the unit for the bike and the map was from my bike it was a pretty good result.

Carl, I'll have this unit off to you within a week probably.

I do have one spare 15M that is available for $100 on top of the My15M cost of $700. First in best dressed. Others will need to source their own sacrificial unit if they want one.

I'll have a "spare" ECU that will technically be "spare" when I get Dave's back that I sent to TLM for the ignition remap. And I'd like to check into your ECU at some point, but right now just don't have $700-ish to spend on it :(

So in the meantime, I'll try to keep close tabs on your progress, and maybe be a "later adopter" B)

You and Carl let me how it goes though. I'll be particularly interesting to see how well and beneficial the closed-loop system is.

One question, although TLM is modifying my ignition map, and I assume retarding it a bit from stock to accomodate my dual-plug setup.... they apparently won't tell me exactly what the adjustment is :huh2: After talking to them, I don't think they are concealing the data for competitive reasons so much as they outsource this to another fella that doesn't make the data available :unsure:

Anyway, what I wonder is... if I later get the M15 ECU, how much I (and how I would) need to retard the base ignition curve? Hopefully I can learn from Carl's experience when he maps his dual-plugged 1100 Sport.

al

The "how would you" is fairly easy. You can either

1- edit the map file directly. Its a simple text file if you look at one on my maps page.

2- Use the ECUController program to do it ( point by point )

3- Use the Optimiser - for the point the engine is currently operating at.

The "how much" is a lot trickier. The main priority those would be to retard those points where it pings.

Otherwise optimizing spark advance on the dyno is tricky or so I have found so far.

The Optimiser can help as it alternately retards and advances the spark and hopefully you will get a better/worse response from the engine. I haven't spent too much time trying but it seemed promising.