Tekno bags

Guest motor72

Guest motor72

I'm looking for set of the tekno soft bags for my 2003 Lemans. The two guzzi dealers closest to me have no idea what they are. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I was searching the forum for threads on lugage - looking for info on bagster - baglux tang bags and tekno paniers, before starting a thread seeking comments.

Here is a link to a tekno supplier in the UK

http://www.motomeccaspares.co.uk/illustrated/luggage.php

As for the bagster system they don't seem to list the V11lemans correctly, but I think they do a fitment listed as a 1000cc lemans with the right dates on it 2003 in red or black

http://www.bagster.com/

These are the two systems that I'm thinking of for my 2003 lemans in black. I don't want to try and kit my large white with red door k series krausers from my Fj to it. would spoil the lines.

I know that R-B was thinking of the bagsters also

Anyone with any comments

I,ve used the bagster tank bag, which I was told by the dealer was the correct one. However the fittings don't really match, by which I mean there is not much to anchor the fastenings to( as they're too short). It's taken a bit of fiddling and some not very proffesional Knot-tying to make it work, but so long as you're not taking off the base everyday, it's fine. the tank cover does fit snugly, and the whole system in general was well worth the money.

The tekno bags are the best I've ever used. The only fault is they can limit foot-space for the pillion even more(given there isn't a lot there to begin with, but still, well worth it.

I had been searching for a good set of H&B hard bags for months :huh2: ,until a set showed up on E-Bay for a "buy it now price" of $250.00 :D

Needless to say they,they ended up in my garage. :lol:

I ordered the rack fromMG Cycle (great guys,I throw any business I can their way) :thumbsup:

After some fiddling and a stipped screw,I got them attached and a custom bracket made to hold the license plate and turn signals.After all wired up(the lights,not me) They look great,and hold alot of stuff.Water proof too.But,if you don't find a decent deal on the bags they can run over a thousand dollars new,and rumor has it,they might be going up in price. :angry:

The only thing I don't like about them is the rack looks ugly unless the bags are attached to hide them.Mine came with the top case too and adds a good back rest for my honey when she rides. :sun:

Highly recommend the H&B cases,but pricy.But with two 40 litre side bags and a 35 ?litre top case,you can carry more stuff than you'll ever need.

J.R. :bike:

As stated above, I can recommend the Bagster and Tekno set up on a V11. The Bagster base fits easily on a 'naked' model (ooh eer :blush: ) but make sure you don't overtighten the straps at the rear, which fasten around the petrol tap and pressure regulator mounts - on the pre-02/03 V11's.

Guest WildJackal

What is the hot setup for a Bagster tank bag. Do you need the tank protector or can you use the bag without it? Which model is most popular?

What is the hot setup for a Bagster tank bag.  Do you need the tank protector or can you use the bag without it?  Which model is most popular?

The Bagster system needs both the base/tank protector (tank bra as the American's call them) and their bags. The tank bag fastens to the base using d-ring hooks at the front and clips at the rear. Removal of the bag for fuel stops is easy - or you can even hinge the bag backwards if it isn't full to its limit.

The most popular tank bag is the Alpha - expandable, not too big, not too small. I've used this bag for years with excellent results. The Bagster range allows the use of any bag on any base because all the bag mounts are exactly the same. I use my Alpha tank bag on both the V11 and the Yamaha - just clips on and off, easy peesy.

http://www.bagster.com/en/