Fabricators: Make yourself some money!

aquila

Give me a day or two and i'll post the one I made out of 18ga. sheet steel and some black spray paint. Used simple hand tools, sheers, angle grinder, and a drill. I'll even post the template I made. I think it is still lying in my garage....

I found a taillight at Autozone for $6 if I recall, smaller than the orginal but still DOT. Fits much better than the hideous OEM.

Emry-

Please post the template you came up with- I'm anxious to see it.

I can fabricate basic stuff from sheet metal, and it sounds like you've got the right idea.

Thanks,

jay

I think Mike Stewart cut one from sheet aluminum as well. It shouldn't be too hard to build a basic setup. The only thing you may also want to add along with your fabricated mounting bracket is a sheet of plastic or aluminum to cover the hole in the bottom of the tail assembly that will be left once you remove the stock light/blinker subframe... if you ditch it.

You really don't want to be slinging mud and water up in there, for the health of the electrics, if not for just cleanliness inside the rear carapace ^_^

Good luck! Post some photos when you're done :thumbsup:

I'm not really satisfied with the inexpensive and simple commercial solutions currently out there, other than Paul's which of course while super nice(kudos Paul :thumbsup: ), is not so simple and inexpensive ;)

So, one of you might have the next "hot thing" B)

al

Guest northend

Just cut the fender off just above the bottom of the license plate. Mark the fender, then draw a straight line across using a flexable steel ruler as a guide.After that use 3 or 4 strips of duct tape on top of each other on the top part of the line you drew on the fender. The duct tape will act as a guide while you are cutting the fender so you get a nice straight even cut.I used just the hacksaw blade by itself with a rag wraped around it so I didn't put too much pressure on it and it followed the tape well. Top off with a CF frame and it looks a hell of alot better!! And like he said, it costs zero dollars :thumbsup:

Later and happy cutting......Jeff H. :rasta: