travelin goals

bento

i wanted to go to florida, but i don't know if i'll make it this summer. i've never really done a trip where i stayed away from home more than a night on my bike. but, this summer i WILL go around lake michigan. any of you michigan folks that think it might be fun should look at your schedual for august. that's when i'm going to do it. maybe next year i'll be ready to travel for a whole week!!

First three weeks in May,I'm going with a friend to the Grand Canyon area, then up into Colorado to the RMNP, then up into Wyoming before heading back to NC.

So far Ive invested in H&B bags and rack,Throttlemeisters,Heated grips,and accessory plug.

I just got back from the shop with new treads.I'm ready to go!

J.R. In NC :bike:

I am planning on the Guzzi National in the Black Hills of South Dakota, various Guzzi rallies and other motorcycle rallies/gatherings in the Nebraska/Kansas/Iowa/Missouri area and hopefully a trip to ride the Great Divide in Colorado in August. Looking forward to my first full season wih the Lemans!! :mg:

groovy, i can't wait to make a long trip. it's wierd to think, "i'ma go that way, and keep going that way till the sun catches up." but i'm looking foreward to it.

cool trips guys!!

I'll have no leave for the summer, but I will be in the UK so I think a short trip to Scotland will be in order, I'll try to make a few track days and also visit some of the more famous British biking spots, like devils bridge and the cat and fiddle run. I also want to get to a few BSB races, and hopefully the Motogp. If I do get some time off in the autumn, I want to get down to southern Italy, where I've never been, and maybe over to Sicily. I'm getting itchy feet already.

I'll have no leave for the summer, but I will be in the UK so I think a short trip to Scotland will be in order,

are you still thinking that you will get to the June Midlands meet?

Guest Thundering Subash

The first trip I have planned is a solo camping trip to Madeline Island.

Madeline Island

:bike: I can't wait. It's been a loooonnnnng winter. :blink:

:bier: here's to everyone else's adventure plans.

-Chris

Yep, the plan at the moment is to ride up to Holyhead to pick up the Mrs. off the boat, and then frolic through the valleys to the meet. John O Sullivan said he might try get to it too, so we might meet up? I believe I'm to be based in Coventry, but other then that I don't know much, so all plans are a little tentative. I'll know more in about 10 days.

Where the hell is Coventry anyway?

Guest motor72

The Blue Ridge Parkway beginning to end (south to north). As soon as possible.

It's been a long, cold winter.

Guest v11jap

Mandello del lario... and while i am there the ducati world week (still trying to convince my friend to loose the 748 and get a v11..)

Any advice on a campsite in mandello del lario anyone?

ciao

:nl: jasper :nl:

My riding will be much curtailed compared to last year, with a major change in work situation. I will of course be attending the annual North American Laverda Rally, held every year in Nakusp, British Columbia. Many Moto Guzzis, Ducatis, and of course Laverdas from all over North America attend. Fantastic riding in the east Kootenays [Rockies], hot springs, great food. I will be turning this into a 1 1/2 week tour encompassing motorcycle nirvanna, North East Oregon.

Still sitting on the fence whether to join the boys down to Sonoma fest for the AMA race at Sears Point. Last year the cops ran us out of 2 towns, and 10 tickets between 6 of us. An expensive, fast holiday.

My local vintage bike club is hosting a campout/bbq rally on Salt Spring Island, a hippie hamlet 1/2 hr. ferry boat ride west of Vancouver. Always a fantastic time, the island does not have ANY straight roads, and 1 policeman on an island 18 by 12 miles. Love it!

Many Sunday rides happeing, including the infamous "Duffy Lake circle", an 8 hour high speed endurance ride heading up past Whistler, over the Coast Range mtns, down into the Sonoran desert at Lilloett, B.C., down to Boston Bar, B.C..

Many rides across the border, including perhaps the best ride in the North West, from Mt. Vernon, Wa, out to [excuse the spelling] Tonasckat, Wa, an incredible chunk of road, spoiled only by a very sneaky revenue collection patrolman, who, take it from me, WILL chase you down to offer you a bill.

This Sunday Mar. 14th, a ride is planned down to LaConner Wa. Great brewpub down there, and the woman get to look at the miles and miles of daffodills and tulips ready for harvesting.

Well time to shut down work, still 3 hrs of riding left, and it's sunny and warm.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest motor72

Yep, the plan at the moment is to ride up to Holyhead to pick up the Mrs. off the boat, and then frolic through the valleys to the meet. John O Sullivan said he might try get to it too, so we might meet up? I believe I'm to be based in Coventry, but other then that I don't know much, so all plans are a little tentative. I'll know more in about 10 days.

Where the hell is Coventry anyway?

Coventry? Isn't that were they used to make Triumphs?

Coventry is were they got the crap bombed out of them during WW2. Meriden is were the last true Triumphs were made, [not counting the Les Williams bikes] and that place was knocked down quite a while ago to made a housing development, 'Meriden Close' I think it is.

Ciao, Steve G.