retro fitting carbs for 02 LeMans

Guest Warren Rhen

The brand newest PCIIIusb from Todd at Guzzitech was $349USD the last time I bought one last Summer, and he'll even load/convert the map for you :thumbsup:

My recent visit to xe.com showed today's conversion to AUD from USD, making a PCIIIusb 475.75 AUD B)

So, again, the PCIII is commensurately less expensive than the My15.... which is perfectly understandable.

As we've discussed many times, I agree that the stock ECU *should* be sufficient to get the most out of these bikes.... the technology is certainly there, but there apparently just aren't enough technicians/shops around equipped or well-versed enough to get it out of the M15 :huh2:

But there do seem to be a plethora of PCIII Certfied Dyno Centers, esp in California, that are quite good. So we do the best with what we have for now :luigi:

Perhaps one day, a shop in our respective areas will invest in the full FIM software(or similar), and get the training needed to remap not just fuel/air, but also ignition.

al

P.S.

The $150 PCIII deal was via K&N that was selling a rebranded/badged generic PCIII(no USB)... that they were blowing out when their deal/relationship fell through with Dyna. As of 2 years ago, they had a handful of "oddball" units left, but I doubt they would have any Guzzi units anymore. Even 2 years ago, the only Guzzi models they had left were for the Quota, which will work fine, but of course need a new map. But even if they had some left, I'd opt for the new USB model, since the mapping is much more granular.

Thanks Cliff -

I take a fast idle does just that by lifting the throttle. I know I'm thinking more of Throttle slides and needles rather than butterfly valves, but its how this luddite can visulise it best. I again assume that with EFI theres no float chamber so theres no jets to open up to enrichen the fuel air mix. Does it do it using electrickery on the injector? or is the lifted throttle all you get?

You'll find the fast idle cable comes out on the RH side throttle body. All it is a bit more throttle. The ECU has calculated that its needs to enrich the mixture due to the cold oil temperature. The two are independent of each other.

OK Guys,

Stupid question #1,265 :D

I have a PC3.Can I down load the software for the USB and have it work :huh2:

If I can down load it,what are the advantages of the USB model? :blink:

J.R. :homer:

Nope, the USB map is quite different, and in a different format. Only PCIII specific maps, and PCIIIusb specific maps will work with said units.

There are conversion tools to import and convert PCIII maps into a USB model via the PCIII software, but that's really a function for temporarily getting your new USB model "working" until you can get another custom map made.

The USB sets fuel/air at twice the data points as the older PCIII models, and can map per cylinder, which the older PCIII cannot. Also, the USB model has a socket for various upgrades/functions such as an iginition module, but unfortunately for the Guzzi models, we do not have the "r" ignition function.

A "generic" PCIII will work fine for most people's needs, but if you can afford it, the USB model is the way to go.

Hope that helps.

al