Some Questions

Guest jerroldt

Guest jerroldt

I took it out for the first time today and found that the skinny handle grips don't suit me. I have been riding an ElectraGlide for ages and like the fat grips. Does anyone make a larger diameter grip for the Le Mans? Also, on the Harleys that I have owned, you could remove the fiberglass deadening material from the mufflers and even drill or knock the baffles out. If I remove the end caps from the Le Mans, what can I expect to find inside and can stuff be removed/altered? If so, will the thing have to be re-mapped? Thanks.

Welcome to the other V twin!

The best way to adjust the fuel mixture after any exhaust modification is with a Powercommander or PCIII.

The best way to get a good tone from the exhaust while adding power and loosing weight is to replace the stock mufflers. Some have gone the drilling out route but ended up replacing the drilled out mufflers with aftermarket cans.

Mike

JERROLDT, WHEN YOU TAKE OFF THE END CAPS YOU WILL FIND A SOLID MUFFLER THERES TWO THINGS TO DO , ONE BUY NEW OR DO LIKE I DID AND BUILD NEW ONES USING A GLASS PACK FOR A MUFFLER THE GUZZI DOES SOUND GOOD EITHER WAY!!!!!

I bought some fat grips from MG Cycle. They're the same as you would see on an Eldorado. See my picture in 24/7 under the Krauser bags topic. I cut off the ends to install the bar end weights. I then wrapped brown electrical tape around them to smooth over the ridges. The grips are a lot fatter but not any softer.