First 1000 miles

Guest motor72

Guest motor72

Just turned 1000 miles on my 2003 Lemans today. Here's the mods so far. Risers from Williamsville Competition. These gave just the right amount of rise for me. Others may want more rise or adjustability. They are beautifully machined but the master cylinder clears the inside of the fairing by a gnat's eyelash. Today was the first ride with the taller windscreen from Germany via Andy York . Excellent. Much less buffeting and wind noise. The only other thing so far is the "perforated" exhaust ends. Nice sound. Not too loud. Got to keep the neighbors happy. It seems these bikes just beg to be modified or personalized. After many bikes over the years this is absolutely the best. With spring arriving here in the Colonies

I'd like to wish a fun and safe riding season to all.

Motor, Williamsville Competition doesn't seem to have an online catalog. Is there any chance of you posting a picture of your risers? I am not sure if I will need them, but I think it's a good thing to start shopping around just in case. The taller wind screen is a wonderful upgrade. I'm totally happy with my LeMans. :bike:

Guest motor72

I'll try to get a photo of the risers posted. Be patient though, I'm not exactly a computer genius. I think there may be a photo of these risers somewhere on this site.

There's a coincidence. I was going to put in a 'First Thousand Miles' post today

and I find there's already one here. I was going to say the bike's great. No leaking oil since I sealed up the timing case. Only slight downside is it's not perfect around 5,000 rpm.

After some wear and tear and the passge of a bit more time, I could be tempted by those MG Ti cans & ECU. :sun:

A few more thou and it will be starting to get run-in I suppose?

Motor, those are great :thumbsup: . They are more of what I was looking for in the riser department. Did you have to run new hydrolic lines? And, if you don't mind my asking...what did they cost? I suppose I could call Williamsville Competition but this is better than getting put on hold long distance. Thanks for the photo.