Just bought a V11

Guest slowpoke

Guest slowpoke

I just bought a V11 and what a great bike! I currently have an Indian Chief and I wanted something that handled a lot better and stopped a lot quicker. Are there any particular problem areas that I should look out for? I notice that you guys have have had problems with some of the relays particularly the starter relay (same as on the Chief) and I believe there were some part numbers for the Bosch replacement on this website. If you could steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I plan on doing all my own wrenching as I have on my Chief and other bikes. A matter of fact I'm going to look at a California EV that's for sale tomorrow I like the V11 so much. Anybody in the market for a Chief? Ha Ha Thanks

You can get the newest relays from Dan Prunuske at:

http://www.dotnet.com/~pyrodan/

The relays on the early bikes are probaby the only major endemic problem, and of course that is easy to address.

There is a recall currently on the V11 Sports for connecting rod bolts, and transmissions. You can do a search of the forum for "recall" , or contact your local dealer to get the VIN ranges for the recalls.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new bike!

al

P.S.

Sorry about Indian, I wonder what will happen next for them. They were just down the road from me, and the San Jose dealer is literally a couple blocks from my house.

Guest d.starling

welcome, when i bought my v11 in spring of 99, as a 2000 there was a lot of sorting that had to be done there's alot less with the newer bikes. what year is your v11 and how many miles does it have?

Guest northend

I've got an 03 Le Mans and the only real problems were:

The Tip-over valve under the tank ( will cause " Tank Suck", non venting fuel starvation if not perfectly straight up and down).

Fuel injector throttle body sincronizing and TPS set up is very crucial for optimum performance and smooth running.

These bikes also like to breath, so cans and an open air box kit they enjoy.

Since they are a V-TWIN they do vibe a bit so keep an eye on cover screws and that type of thing .

They're a great bike to work on especially with the fuel tank out of the way :luigi: .

I've got 3000 miles on mine and love it!!! Great bike, welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I also have a 1978 Harley so nothing scares me :grin:

About the only thing you get tired of is people asking you "who makes Moto-Guzzi???"

Best of luck......Jeff H., Detroit, MI.