After the recall

Enzo

...I'd suspect probably not enough backpressure from that new exhaust system :blink:

Heh, just kidding :P

But seriously, unfortunately I have no idea. But what does the Moto International bunch say? I assume that is where you had the rebuild done?

I hope this turns out to be a minor "reassembly issue" verus something else. In theory, the same parts, just better heat treated, were put back in your tranny when rebuilt if I recall what gets replaced. So in theory, nothing mechanically has changed :huh2:

Let us know what they say.

Here's hoping they didn't leave a sponge inside when they stitched her up :thumbsup:

al

Guest John T

Check the pivot on the shifter doo hickey, they probably over tightened it or left out a spacer or something. Sounds like a simple fix. Nothing the old channel locks won't fix! :luigi:

I've had a little trouble with third gear myself lately. I attribute it to lazy shifting on my part, I'm just not kicking it in with authority I guess. Today however, while accelerating from a stop into a 40 mph cross wind it didn't go into third and there was no way to get it in any gear till I slowed to almost a dead stop. I am nearing the mileage for the first inspection...over 700 but not quite 1000 yet and I'll see if the lubricant changes make a difference. I really need to ride the LeMans more, as there is a marked difference between it and my other machine. This is the only oddity I've had in the performance of the Guzzi...hopefully it's just my lack of familiarity with it.

Guest slowpoke

I've had the same problem of it being hard to shift into third and many times I'm getting a false neutral. I thought that maybe I was not shifting with authority but it does not happen from third to fourth. I only have 1000 miles on the transmission and it has Mobil synthetic in it. It could just be that it is new and needs more time to break in. Incidentally, I have talked to 2 sjhops that are doing the recall and so far none of them has found any visible signs of malfunction or extreme wear in the parts that they are supposed to replace nor have they had any failures of the transmissions.

Check the shifter linkage at the transmission, where it tightens down on the splined shaft. Specifically- check the clearance between the tightening bolt and the crossbrace of the frame. If that lever is one notch too high or low, then the bolt fouls that brace, and shifting is just about impossible. Not that I've ever done it... :rasta:

J

OK, I took the entire linkage off yesterday, cleaned and lubed it. Will put it back on this afternoon and adjust for NO PLAY or SLOP. We'll see what that does. Thanks JRT, I will also look for blockages etc.

I am also going to recheck my gear oil level and may even replace oil to a straight light weight dyno like 80 SAE.