Tail Bag for a V-11 Sport

Guest Wayne M

Guest Wayne M

Does anyone have a suggestion for a small tail bag for a V-11 sport that does not harm the bikes finish?

Thanks.

I recently bought the Tourmaster Cortech Sport Tailbag (and saddlebags) for a planned trip to the wildguzzi SW Missouri rally early next month. Haven't tried out the saddlebags yet -- best leave that for the night before and predictable cursing! :doh: -- but the tailbag is my daily commuter bag. Very fine. Holds suit, shoes, the works. Internal bungees, and substantial pad. I use it on the pillion cowl, so I turn it "backwards." Have not seen the first rub mark. Affordable.

http://www.sporttour.com/luggage/cortech/tail-bag_sport.htm

Bill

Hi Bill,

How exactly does this bag mount on the bike?  What attachment points do you use?

Thanks,

Chris

The bungee cords form an X under the bag and above the rubber pad. I put the back two around the turn-signal stalks, and the forward two each at the lower of the two triangular openings on the ... hmmmmm . what are those thingamabobs? ... to which I think (mine is getting 6K at dealer or I'd go out back and look!) pillion footpegs are attached.

Snug enough mount that seems not to stress anything. Don't use bungees when saddlebags are mounted, btw. Bag has only shifted alarmingly once, but I shouldn't have tried to carry that many bottles of wine at once. :drink: [i'm serious. Glad I use the bag "backwards" when on the pillion cowl, as I was able to pull the carrying handle to avoid a serious "oops."]

Bill,

Do you use some sort of protective film or the like on the tail section where the bungee run down to the triangular pieces or is rubbing on the tail section not an issue?

chris

Bill,

Do you use some sort of protective film or the like on the tail section where the bungee run down to the triangular pieces or is rubbing on the tail section not an issue?

chris

I assure you, Crhis, I am as O/C as the next Guzzisto, and after a minor cardiac incident involving a tankbag, a staple, and my EV, I am especially sensitive. That said, no, I have seen not the first sign of abrasion ... and I look.

Now ... bear in mind the Ballabio's butt is made of not-quite-flat, but certainly not-bright-gloss, so if I had a different surface, might be more of an issue.

Still, no wear, no rub, no nothing from plastic hook, bungee cords, or bag itself.

Bill

Guest Marcel

Hi,

depends how small small may be! I've got the FLM Sozia bag, wich straps to the buddy. It's only a 6 liter bag, so don't expect it to hold enough for a holiday.

I bought it at Polo in Germany:

www.polo-motorrad.de, article nr. 70250101120

As soon as their site is up again I'll post an image

It's 20 euros, so that be US$25 or the like

• 3 weeks later...

This topic was revisited elsewhere while I was out of town on a Guzzi trip last week. Moreover, these three pics were buried among among many (many) more I posted about the trip, thus I put these here now to make it easier to see pics of the saddlebags and tailbag combo I have on the Ballabio.

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?show...Uy=-woo740&Ux=0

This was the first time I'd used the total grouping. Very, very pleased. More info if you care.

Bill