It Shifts Like Budda'

Enzo

Guest northend

Hey Enzo,

Glad to hear you got your trans straightend out. :thumbsup:

As for your fork adjustments it appears that you don't have the Olins forks,

I don't either, in which case the small screws on the top of the forks are the "REBOUND" adjusters and the large nuts (keep it clean guy's) are for"SPRING PRELOAD".

I too have found out that cranking up the "REBOUND" takes out alot of that hobby horse effect on most roads, and it cured any wallowing I was getting in high speed, heavy lean angle corners.

I also cranked up on the rear"REBOUND" which is on the remote resivoir on the left side of the bike. This also helped alot on corners and straight line running.

Keep experimenting,' that's what makes these bikes so much fun!!! :grin:

Hope this helps.......Later.......Jeff H.

I don't either, in which case the small screws on the top of the forks are the "REBOUND" adjusters and the large nuts (keep it clean guy's) are for"SPRING PRELOAD".

This is not correct at least not on old Marzocchi forks.

Left leg screw is for Compression

right leg screw is for Rebound

preload is adjusted by taking the fork apart and inserting/removing spacers

FYI: Enzo has a 2000 V11 Sport, which has different forks than the stock Marz on the 2003 and later bikes.

The 2003+ bikes have rebound(or maybe it's compression? I forget.) but not both, and preload adjustment only AFAIK.

On the earlier bikes(2002 and ealier Marz) the forks have both rebound and compression damping, but rebound adjustment is on the right, and compression is on the left, and no preload... as pictured below.

Interesting combination and change of features eh? :rolleyes:

Other differences in the 2003 forks are an increase to 43mm from 40mm, and a larger hollow 25mm axle(up from 20mm solid).

So in Enzo's case, he can adjust both rebound and compression, not just rebound as on your 2003.

Obviously these specs do not apply to the Ohlin forks, the only change I'm aware of on them is going from the solid screw-in axle to the newer hollow one in 2004.

Great to hear that your shifting problem turned out to be the least complicated option :thumbsup:

al

027_f_1_.jpg

Guest dkgross

so THAT"S what that C and R mean!!!!! Noone ever explained it to me.

Hey Moto...What would you think about putting together a little Seattle Tech Day kinda thing????? I'd sure love to hook up with you guys (who actually KNOW how to use tools), and have my bike tweaked to perfection.

I can certainly offer up a garage (or, at least offer to bring the food and beverages....)

I'll start a new topic :)

Hey look, Al modifies his bike so much he never gets a chance to ride it. He's only got 2 miles on the odometer! (and those are probably from the dyno)

Al, don't be offended at this. I'm sure he means me - his master. He's a little confused. I'm already beginning to loosen up his mind.

Hey look, Al modifies his bike so much he never gets a chance to ride it. He's only got 2 miles on the odometer! (and those are probably from the dyno)

Al, don't be offended at this. I'm sure he means me - his master. He's a little confused. I'm already beginning to loosen up his mind.

Asshopper,

The difference between Al and you is that Al modifies his bike so much he never has time to ride it, while you modify your bike so much that it doesn't work.

Wax on wax off.

The difference between Al and you is that Al modifies his bike so much he never has time to ride it, while you modify your bike so much that it doesn't work.

:lol: ....that's a good one. You're our own Slim Whitman it seems :P

P.S.

It rides just fine, as I often have 2 of the same part, one on the bike, one getting "modified" ;)

Modify THIS.

Modify THIS.

Better not mess with THAT, or it might stop working too.

:lol:

http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=261&sound=111

Quartermaster Clerk: One Swedish made penis enlarger pump.

Austin Powers: That's not mine!

Quartermaster Clerk: One credit card receipt for Swedish made penis enlarger...signed by Austin Powers.

Austin Powers: I'm tellin you baby, that's not mine!

Quartermaster Clerk: One warranty card for Swedish made penis enlarger pump...filled out by Austin Powers.

Austin Powers: I don't even know what this is! This sort of thing ain't my bag, baby!

Guest northend

Yup you guy's are right, I should have noticed that he had an earlier model :homer:

Still, cranking up the rebound does settle the bike down alot. :thumbsup: