Smoke Signal Lenses

Guest northend

Guest Warren Rhen
Does anybody also know if the whole Buell turn signal (front ) will fit the le mans? believe it or not the wind blew my bike over at the gas pumps today. So I need a whole turn signal plus brake levers( front and rear), mirror, foot peg etc. I'm not sure which is bent out of shape worse, me or the bike.

...no, unfortunately I belive it will not :unsure: It's just the lens that will fit.

If you had a Sport, you could adapt the whole Buell signal assembly I believe(although not certain) :huh2:

But if I recall correctly, the stem on the LeMans faring mounted front signal is unique AFAIK, so either you would have to adapt something, repair yours, or get one from Guzzi :(

Sorry to hear about the bike getting dropped though. ...must have been some really strong wind... wow, it pushed it up and over on right side eh :huh:

al

Not exactly. The surface next to the pump was on somewhat of a grade so the bike was sitting somewhat straighter than it should have been, but I thought it would be OK. Once again I was wrong :homer:

Does anybody also know if the whole Buell turn signal (front ) will fit the le mans? believe it or not the wind blew my bike over at the gas pumps today. So I need a whole turn signal plus brake levers( front and rear), mirror, foot peg etc. I'm not sure which is bent out of shape worse, me or the bike.

Well, there are at least quicker/cheaper alternatives to ordering parts through our nemises MGNA. Go to your local Ducati dealer. Take your front brake lever along so they can sell you the right one (they use to different pivot pin sizes, I think we use just the large one).

Ducati foot pegs for the Monster fit the MG just fine (made by the same company from the looks of it) but will require some filing to deepen the slot for the MG style spring. It would be worth taking a look at the Ducati spring to see it using that would be easier rather than modifying the footpeg. In any event, the Ducati footpeg is about half the cost of the MG one and is very likely to be in stock - as is the brake lever. Ducati's tend to get thrown down roads more often than MG's...

Email "Pete Morcombe" and tell him you need the rear brake lever for a V11/Sport 1100. That plus shipping is about half as much as new and about 4-6 months quicker than MGNA. It helps to have PayPal for this, believe me. Very much more convenient. DO NOT throw away your old shift lever. The bolt on linkage extension plate is unique to the V11 Sport based series, but not the Sport 1100's. You'll need that part if he sells you a lever off of a Sport 1100.

The Buell turn signals such as part number "Y0504.02A8 TURN SIGNAL, RH/FRONT, LH/REAR" will fit the V11 Sport as a complete unit, but it's a bit of a pain to make it work. Good thing you only have to do it once. The MG type bolts to the mount. The Buell type has a stud type base that you have to put a nut on the backside of, which is difficult to do on the V11 Sport turn signal mount casting. I think you have to drill the hole out a tad, but I've forgotten how I did it because it was so long ago. But it can be done and for about $6, it's a pretty cheap alternative and at least the new one won't break as easy even if it does sag just a little bit. The nut does not come with the turn signal either, be sure to purchase those as well when you buy the turn signal.

The stock V11 Sport mirrors are great for looking at your shoulders and vibrating, but not much else (although they do work pretty good on my V65C). Get some Napolean bar end types, but mount them the Mike Stewart way. I didn't find a posted picture of them after a quick search, perhaps someone else on the forum will provide. The Napoleans are cheap! I mean, really, really inexpensive, compared to the aftermarket alternatives and especially the stock replacements. They work better too.

Email  "Pete Morcombe" and tell him you need the rear brake lever for a V11/Sport 1100. That plus shipping is about half as much as new and about 4-6 months quicker than MGNA. It helps to have PayPal for this, believe me. Very much more convenient. DO NOT throw away your old shift lever. The bolt on linkage extension plate is unique to the V11 Sport based series, but not the Sport 1100's. You'll need that part if he sells you a lever off of a Sport 1100.

The Buell turn signals such as part number "Y0504.02A8 TURN SIGNAL, RH/FRONT, LH/REAR" will fit the V11 Sport as a complete unit, but it's a bit of a pain to make it work. Good thing you only have to do it once. The MG type bolts to the mount. The Buell type has a stud type base that you have to put a nut on the backside of, which is difficult to do on the V11 Sport turn signal mount casting. I think you have to drill the hole out a tad, but I've forgotten how I did it because it was so long ago. But it can be done and for about $6, it's a pretty cheap alternative and at least the new one won't break as easy even if it does sag just a little bit. The nut does not come with the turn signal either, be sure to purchase those as well when you buy the turn signal.

All great suggestions Carl, but Ralph has a LeMans, so there are some "technicalities", such as mirrors and signals where the Ducati/Buell parts won't quite work I think.

But yep, contact Pete in the UK for both the signals and levers. He is currently "breaking" a 2003 LeMans that I've already bought a tank, switchgear, side-panels, and headlight from. He even had a mirror for the bike in an auction the other day. I just "browse" eBay regularly for parts of this type, just in case :thumbsup:

He currently has a number of other parts from the bike on eBay, including a signal, but it's for the rear.... but I think it would work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT

(Click on "View Sellers Other Auctions" to see what else he has listed)

I don't think the Buell stems will work on the front LeMans fairing though, as you'd have to drill a big hole to fit the stem with backing nut through, and then you'd leave an open hole behind that where the original syle stem bolted through the fairing :unsure: It's a weird setup, and non-standard. I don't know why MG did it this way :huh2:

al