Today's stupid question

Guest Steve in VA

Guest Steve in VA

I hope to make a bit of a trip this week. I would like to adjust my suspension so there is much less dive when I let off the throttle. I think this means I should increase front compression, and decrease rear rebound. Does that sound right? I can not find the owners manual. Where is the rear rebound

Also, ASSUMING te bike is a recall candidate, would you be reluctant to make a 1000+ mile trip on a 2000 V11S that is running fine and exhibting no significant running problems?

Your rebound for the rear is a knurled knob directly on the shock. To limit dive you would want the rear the restrict extension , or rebound damping to increase along with the front compression damping.

I rode my Sport 27,000 miles before the missed gears got annoying enough to be a hazard.

When are you gonna be in the neighborhood?

Guest Steve in VA

Which way do I turn the knurled knob to decrease rear rebound?

I hope to leave Thursday morning, which would put me in your neck of the woods Friday

Which way do I turn the knurled knob to decrease rear rebound?

Anti clockwise, but be carefull.

I weigh around 150 lbs and run the rear shock at 3 out from clockwise on compression and 24 out from fully clockwise on rebound, this gives a comfy controlled ride ( Sachs rear ). Going to soft on the rebound and the bike kicks of bumps. Be carefull when turning the rebound adjuster anticlockwise as the last two clicks are softer than the rest and then the adjuster just seems to unscrew.

On the front compression is 2 from anticlockwise and 4 from anticlockwise for rebound, but I am still playing with the settings.

No promises but it works for me.

So.... on all adjusters front and rear, sachs rear, marzocchi front - clockwise = more dampening, anticlockwise=less?

Is this correct? I've never had a bike with adjustable suspension and no real idea what I am doing when I adjust stuff.

cheers,

Ryan

So.... on all adjusters front and rear, sachs rear, marzocchi front - clockwise = more dampening, anticlockwise=less?

This is so. :thumbsup: