exhaust header cosmetics

Steve G.

Hi Al,

I like the way you've cleaned up your exhaust headers on your Lemans. Have you just polished your headers, or have you plated them with something? I'd really like shot of your complete system if you get a chance.

Ciao, Steve G.

Steve,

They are Jet-Hot'd, with their Sterling ceramic coating. It costs about $160 for the whole system, inside and out. And it significantly reduces radiant heat, and will never fade or need polishing. They have a variety of colored coatings as well, and several members here have had black or gray coated instead.

More info at:

http://www.jet-hot.com/

And a Forum search should return one of the several threads on "exhaust coatings" and "Jet-Hot" ^_^

There are some decent shots of my bike and the full exhaust at:

http://www.pashnit.com/bikes/V11-Lemans.htm

Hope that helps!

al

Guest Brian Robson

Al, when you eat yer dinner off your bike where do you put the drinks? :D:D

That is the cleanest bike I've seen. If you move to the NW you do realise that it rains here don't you? :lol::lol:

Has anyone tried polishing the stainless or chroming the stock pipes? I assume the pollised SS would still turn bronze due to the heat... and the chrome woul blue...

I had mine done in black. VERY nice. Cleans up the look of the bike and improves performance. I hadn't really expected much of a difference -- I figured it was company hype -- but it was instantly noticeable. Mine cost only 100 bucks at Performance Coatings in WA.