TPS Voltage Measurements

Guest WildJackal

Guest WildJackal

The "How to ..." section has a great discussion on Ballancing throttle bodies. I posted the following questions over there but it doesn't seem to get the traffic this forum gets. Sorry for the spam.

My questions have to do with the TPS adjustments. I know guzzitech has some information but I can't reach it. When you set the 150mv value, where do you measure it and how do you adjust it? Is the bike running?

The 525mv value (measured at the same place as above) is obtained by adjusting the throttle stop screws and ballancing air flow (ie twinmax). Once that is correct, get the idle correct using the air bleeds (idle screws).

To adjust the trim on the 1.5M ECU - is this the adjustment screw under the rubber cap on the ECU (under the seat)?

Thanks

is this the adjustment screw under the rubber cap on the ECU (under the seat)?

Don't touch that.... That is the atompheric pressure sensor... The fuel trim is adjusted using one of the OE computers.

Measure at the back of the connector on the TPS sensor, be careful when probing, between the top and the bottom wire. On my 02 scura the colors are purple on the top and black w/purple on the bottom. To adjust lightly loosen the two torx T20 screws that attach the the TPS to the TB and rotate the TPS until you get the desired voltage. Be sure and have the key turned on.

This should be done last in the TB balance/idle procedure. (I'll comment later on this. I know it conflicts with Jeff In Ohio's procedure[which is very good by the way]so don't holer at me jest yet.)

Any one post a quick pic??

• Thanks 1

Guest WildJackal

The large square chip under the seat ... what is that? I called it the ECU ... is that the computer? What are the OE computers? Where exactly is that trim adjustment?

I now understand measuring at the TPS and adjusting there as well. Is the 150mv measurement done with the ignition on but motor not running?

Thanks for the help!

All the TPS measures can be taken with the engine NOT running.

And that box under the seat with the 50 wires coming out of it? That's the computer ( ECU or CPU).

The computer to set the CO is interfaced with the bike .I've seen it done with a laptop and the dealer has a hand held gizmo. There is software to take some readings and set the 'trim' on the CO ( which requires exhaust gas analyzer unless you do it 'by ear')