Shim Run

Guest turtle

Guest turtle

I’m going to do a run of my floppy crossover shim fix.

The front crossover on 03 and 04 V11’s relies on a graphite gasket to seal between the crossovers ball end and a standard exhaust tube. Invariably, the gasket takes a set and the crossover becomes loose and can not be tightened enough to compensate. :(

I had some stainless steel shims turned that mate with the ball at their inside corners. The shims still allow for the ball joint to swivel until installation is complete and the clamps are tightened. Once tightened the shim makes a perfect seal. It is imperative that the shim is machined within a thousandth of an inch in critical areas including its inside corners and outer diameter.

The first set of shims on my bike has now logged many miles with no crossover movement and without leaking. :)

There are now six people interested so I am going to do a run. If any one else is interested, It will lower the price for everyone. Please contact me soon before I send the job off to the machinist.

4folks for $121 each

6folks for $103 each

10folks for $86

+shipping

If you are interested, add a post.

:bike: Thanks, Aaron Bard

post-5-1084495114_thumb.jpg

Guest northend

Yup, count me in :thumbsup: I have tried to work the lead pipes closer together to try to cure the problem but its still loose :( .

I can hold off for a little and see how many takers we get to lower the price.

E-mail me when your ready to ship and I'll ship some dead presidents your way :grin:

Good job turtle.....and thanks......Jeff H.

Yep... don't need this kit myself, as I ride a 2002... but again, great work Aaron :thumbsup:

This is the kind or ingenuity and sharing of ideas/solutions that our small community thrives upon since we don't have throngs of owners that more numerous makes/models take advantage of :D

al

:!:

Here in Germany some V11 Riders have cracks in their exhaust tubes.

I our german V11 Forum we came to the conclusion that this could be caused

by front crossovers which were tightend too firmly.

Aaron,

Count me in as well.

Frank Long

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turtle

I sent the job to the machinist on Friday of last weak and it shouldn’t be much more then a week from now before the job is complete. :D While I only had four orders, I had 6 sets made in order to get the price break. Hopefully the remaining two sets will sell after some feedback is posted on the forum. I will ship out the parts as soon as I receive them if everyone can send a check for $103.00 + $5 shipping.

I hope everyone enjoys their fixed cross over,

Aaron Bard

:bier: