Shorter Exhaust Hangar/Brackets

Question: Has anyone seen an aftermarket exhaust hangar/bracket similar to that as used on the Moto Guzzi Ti system, that mounts the exhaust cans a bit higher, and retains the passenger pegs?

I am interested for two reasons:

1) What with the future availability of the MG Ti kit in question, I don't want to invest in that kit. Plus I don't need the modified ECU.

2) I already have a set of aftermarket Leo Vince Ti cans I am happy with :D

...so I just am interested in the brackets ;)

I have seen the bracket used by several of the TLM project bikes in Europe that have a very high mount bracket, but from what I could tell, this bracket did not include the mounting point for the passenger peg.... and are a bit higher than I like. However the bracket as used for the MG Ti kit seems to be a good compromise between the standard "low" bracket, and these more extreme high mount ones.

So, has anyone seen a vendor making/selling brackets similar to the ones used with the MG Ti kit as I've described? ...again, they must retain the passenger pegs.

Thanks!

al

Staffe per silenziatori

http://www.mistralspecialparts.it/accessori.html

seems shorter.

there are 2holes, lower for exaust upper hole for peg?

..hrmm, interesting... anyone know any more about these? Dimensions?

They are kind of an odd design though.... not sure if I like them or not :huh2:

al

Al,

If you go any shorter in the rear it will be very hard to carry a passenger for any length of ride. The stock rear pegs are pretty cramped for my wifes 5' 3" height and I do hear complaints from her on the longer rides. :blink:

Mike

Al,

If you go any shorter in the rear it will be very hard to carry a passenger for any length of ride. The stock rear pegs are pretty cramped for my wifes 5' 3" height and I do hear complaints from her on the longer rides. :blink:

Mike

heh... very true :P

However, with the new baby showing up in less than a month, I don't think Denise will be begging for too many rides in the near future, nor is my outlook for any longish trips looking good for oh say... the next 6mo-1yr :rolleyes:

....so, I thought I'd just "give it a try" with some higher mounts, and figured I could always swap them back out to the lower units when bagging or planning for a 2-up ride :D

I'll contact Pete in the UK to see if he's got a set of the Sport1100 brackets lying about. I bet he's broken one down, and didn't sell a set... He's always got bits like this cheap. Although the the shipping is a bear <_>

al

How many of you are riding 2 up anyway ? This ain't the bike for 2 up riding :whistle: Think Goldwing ;)

No Goldwing for me. :vomit:

I have done a few 500-600 miles day rides two up and fully loaded, my type of sport tourer. :thumbsup: I do get some weird looks pulling into the first few Guzzi Rallys, everyone thought my wife was a real trooper. :stupid:

Mike

That reminds me of trying to find a comfortable seating position for my wife on the daytona. I found that going forward is a good thing, she doesn't have to bend her knees as much. So you move the footrests forward. As a try, I just used a metal bar between the points on the picture. Was quite good.

Kopie_van_day3bigoud.jpg

That reminds me of trying to find a comfortable seating position for my wife on the daytona. I found that going forward is a good thing, she doesn't have to bend her knees as much. So you move the footrests forward. As a try, I just used a metal bar between the points on the picture. Was quite good.

Paul,

Great idea! :thumbsup: This would also fix the problem with the Hepco-Becker bag/heel clearence issue.

Thanks,

Mike