YACT

Guest Marcel

Guest Marcel

Hi,

installed my Mistral X-over this afternoon. Surprisingly easy (didn't even need a hacksaw, Jaap) it only took about 1.5 hours. But.... there are two small questions:

* the front partof the X-over connects to the pipes that come from the cylinders. The stock crossover slid over these pipes just 5mm more than my Mistral. Leave it like that or take everything of and try to slide the Mistral equally far over?

* the clamps that go over these pipes. Should I be really careful when tightening these or can I do no harm with a regular size 10 spanner? (And I'm no workout freak, but not skinny either)

TIA

I've found with the Stucchi crossover(if that's a helpful comparison) that the front pipes do not slide up onto the stock headers quite as far as the OEM crossover did. This is especially true of the right side, since that cylinder is farther forward.

So, I have the infamous slight exhaust leak out of the "slots" on the cross-over's flange on that side that is a bugger to get to stop. One of these days I'll take it apart and get it really sealed, but everyone tells me that this is normal, and will probably always leak to some degree.

In regard to the clamps.... unless you have a looong strongarm wrench or something, I assure you that you will run out of gas long before you will damage the pipes by cranking down on the clamp ;)

Just tighten it down about as hard as you can by hand, and it will be fine.

al

Guest Marcel

:D

Thanks Al, I seem to have EXACTLY the same problem with the Mistral as you've got with the Stucchi. It is indeed the RHS.

And I'm not strong enough so I can give the bike a test on how it works with the X-over now.

Reason for askin on the clamps was that I damaged a Jap exhaust by tightening it too much.

Thanks again