Good running

Guest jerroldt

Guest jerroldt

I pulled the plugs from my Le Mans for the first time after break-in. They were both black and sooty. I broke it in sanely and have run it both in town as well as speeds to 100 MPH on the superslab. I think Al stated correctly that you can change the exhaust or the intake without a PC mod. I am inclined toward K&N filters as a starting point and then will go from there. I like the stock mufflers. If I can end up with chocolate brown plugs and no soot on the exhaust outlets I will be happy. Just wondering about reports on the K&N's.

I don't think you can get away with a soot free exhaust outlet. You would have to go way lean to get a nice burning plug and a soot free outlet. Too lean for a Guzzi. I also think the combustion chamber has something to do with the way the plugs look. You will notice one side of the plug being more wet (I believe that is on the fuel injector side) while the other is or should be a tan or brown color.

As far as changing the exhaust or air filters, both of my bikes needed the PCIII to correct the flat spots and coughs that the lean condition caused.

Mike

You will notice one side of the plug being more wet (I believe that is on the fuel injector side)

– interesting – I've just noticed that.