Foot peg saga continues

jrt

Well, the recent discussion on evoluzione footpeg relocation coupled to the fact that I'm driving to Maine in a couple weeks prompted me to re-install the footpeg relocation setup.

I didn't like the far reach for the shifter, so this is Version 1 for relocating it. It's a piece of 5/16 all thread bolted on the shift lever and bent to an appropriate angle. A piece of fuel hose covers it. It ain't purty, but it works ok. Next version, I'll drop it down some (maybe weld a plate or something). It's better, but not great. No laughing at me or I'll sulk.

cheers,

Jason

Guest MotoMessiah

I wonder given the amout of folks who've complained about the reach of the shifter wouldnt it be possible to have one fabricated? Maybe in bulk if needed. I'm sure there's a lot of people here who would chip in some $ to do so.

I guess one can't really complain about the $15 price of the Evoluzione kit ^_^ .... but other than fitting the whole Centauro setup, it would indeed be nice if someone made a more "comprehensive" kit that included:

1) Mounting in the original peg location(avoiding the requirement to "piggyback" onto other locations like the brake pivot, and exposure of blemished paint)

2) Reworked Length(Adjustable?) Shift and Brake Levers

3) Forged CNC'd Levers for additional stregth over the cast OEM parts

In theory, a set like this shouldn't be "too much" money, but unless enough could be fabricated in bulk, they might be pricey for initial startup :huh2:

I've thought about what it would take several times, but nothing beyond idle consideration. Although I'm fine with the stock setup myself generally, I think the community could use an alternative to the basic, but certainly workable and affordable :thumbsup: , Evoluzione kit.

Perhaps if nothing ever is developed(although I suspect a set will by someone one day given the number of riser kits out there now for instance)... perhaps I'll look into it later this or early next year, just as a neat project. Who knows :huh2:

al

Guest ksann

Count me in.

The reach isn't too bothersome to me, I have pretty much gotten used to it, but I would prefer it to be closer.

I think the easiest solution would be to create a drop down bracket, that bolts to the original peg position, but drops the peg pivot straight down, rather than back. This would still result in a slighlty awkward shifter position, but would eliminate the reach.

ken

Not bad, but for my tastes, that would be a bit too low and forward.

I think for most folks(based on what we've seen here), a basically vertical drop of an inch or so would be ideal :huh2:

al

P.S.

Just as an aside, since Frank rides a LeMans, and is so active in the MG community(MGNOC Director)... I wonder why he's not on this forum? (or is he? :P )

Frank's kind of a luddite when it comes to computers. He might not even KNOW about this sight. I guess you could send him an email....

You're right though- these do look a little too low. But the craftsmanship is excellent. And remember, Frank lives in Kansas. Loooonnnng straaaaiiiigggghttt roads.

Jason

Frank's kind of a luddite when it comes to computers. He might not even KNOW about this sight. I guess you could send him an email....

You're right though- these do look a little too low. But the craftsmanship is excellent. And remember, Frank lives in Kansas. Loooonnnng straaaaiiiigggghttt roads.

Jason

heh heh... yeah, Kansas... the land of winding mountain roads :not:

^_^

Well, the V11 Forum is linked from the MGNOC website, and I sent him an email on the subject last year..... :huh2:

al

Has anybody tried the MG V11 Argal Adjustable Foot Controls?

Frank, I have a set that I bought from a list member. It was missing one piece (that I've been too lazy to fabricate), so I used the stock shifter.

They don't change any ergo's, but they do look cool.