Power Commander and a 2003???

F344

Guest pasturej

I have a Le Mans which is either a 2002 or a 2003 (anyway, later than 2001) with Mistrals and a power commander supplied by Todd - it connected up fine and the bike runs well with it so I don't think there is a compatibility problem. Could they have meant compatibility of later bikes with some of the earlier (ie. pre-crossover) maps made?

Antonio,

We all know - hopefully - that it is smarter to reprogram the Marelli EFI-unit

but some of us has no alternative. The shop closest to me that do that is Biscaya

in Alingsås which is 1400 km from Luleå where I live, while you have a shop

in your home town which can do it for you.

On the other hand I have at least 3 dynocenters close by where I can go in an

afternoon to get a custom map in a PC for my V11.

So the less than optimal and more expensive PC-alternative is the only sensible

alternative for me.

(Yes, one day I will buy a "Cliff unit" but not today)

It's not that Power Commander is incompatible at all. It just means that the map provided might not be optimised for your bike.

The optimum way to get your bike setup is to spring for the extra 150 bucks or so to get it tuned on a dyno.

F344...

Go to www.guzzitech.com and contact Todd Eagan(RacerX).

He is the Guzzi community's unofficial emissary to Dynojet and the Power Commander, and works closely with them in regard to the product.

The PCIIIusb(and old PCIII) will work fine with all modern Guzzis. The only issue is actually with older ones that use the old 16 ECU, although Todd has had some small production custom runs made for these bikes.

Anyway, Todd can explain everything to you, get you the BEST price on a PCIII, and probably preload a premade map that will be darned close to what you need, that will work fine until you have an opportunity or desire to get a custom map made.

al

Goran, I know what you mean, I am just fooling around, may I?

You know me....?

BTW, are you living in the TUNDRA?

No problems,

I basically agree with you.

and then OT:

No, no tundra here,

I live by the sea - in fact just 2 blocks from the shore line.

In Kiruna where I lived until recently is closer to real Tundra.

Luleå in red, Kiruna at the top of the map:

lulea.gif

BTW, Kiruna town (the top bit of the detailed map) is 20000 square kilometers,

about half the size of Holland. The population is 25000, a bit less crowded than :nl:

Are coming in september?

Yes,

that's the plan.

If the weather does permit I come on my V11 but it is

quiet late in the riding season so I might have to make

alternative travel arrangements if it get too wet and cold.

• 1 year later...

For the record, John T. of Dyno Solutions says "The units are the same for all years of V11 sports. The 15M ecu has not changed. Only the maps will be slightly different for the later bikes with the front crossover."

For the record you guys should hear John T. and Racer X talk about this stuff over dinner. It makes that spot up in Northern Sweden look more and more attractive.

I have a cunning plan for exhaust and airbox mods over the winter. After that it will be off to Dyno Solutions for a new map. With the map Todd gave me for the stock set up it "carburates" perfectly.

There was a yellow Sporti ('96?) stranded at a local dealer with a blown computer. The dealership has since changed hands so I will have to run over there and see if it is still there. That would be a great subject for Cliff's magic box.

I spotted a maroon V11 on Queens Blvd. yesterday parked in front of our local bike shop. I still have a crick in my neck from whipping my head around

DW

For the record, John T. of Dyno Solutions says "The units are the same for all years of V11 sports. The 15M ecu has not changed. Only the maps will be slightly different for the later bikes with the front crossover."

60576[/snapback]