Who has which Tenni

Guest Tenni#099

Guest Tenni#099

Hi,

If you have a Tenni can you leave a message underneath with your name, place and country. Don't forget to mention the number.

I'm looking forward to the replies.....

:pic:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

I bought Tenni #61 from Moto Guareschi in Parma, Italy.

I work in Saudi Arabia but, I left the bike in Europe so that I can enjoy riding the Alps every chance I get. The Saudi drivers are just too crazy to ride down here and, the roads aren't very scenic.

Moto Guareschi is a real Mom & Pop operation. The mom runs the office and the pop is the chief mechanic. Their two sons also help service the bikes. The name didn't ring a bell at first but, the eldest son turned out to be Vitto Guareschi, former Yamaha WSB team mate to Scott Russell and current Ducati Moto GP test pilot. All of them were great help during my purchase and even offered to store my bike free of charge while I toil away in Saudi Arabia. They also threw in Tekno soft luggage free of charge.

I'm including a photo of my Tenni. This was taken last July on the Isle of Skye off the west coast of Scotland.

See ya,

Orson

DSC00025.JPG

Guest Squashed Nose

There is a Tenni at the dealer where I bought my Le Mans. I don't know what number it is but it must have been in there for at least a year. It is unregistered and unridden but the very silly suede seat is already shagged.

If it hadn't been for that ridiculous appendage, I probably would have bought it instead.

I was provided 2 seats with my Tenni by Moto Guareschi. The brown suede one and the regular black one. I don't know if 2 seats come with all Tennis or they were being extra nice to me.

I opted for the black one because I didn't want rain to ruin the suede saddle. I must admit, I kinda like the look of the suede one. It goes well with the Guzzi racing green. Then again, I could just be weird :blink:

I saw a color photo of one of Guzzi's race bikes from the 50's and it had a suede saddle so, I guess the Tenni's suede saddle was dictated by tradition.

Guest Squashed Nose

Try two things.

1. Using a suede seat in British weather. It won't last long.

2. Hanging off to go round corners. Your arse sticks to the suede better than sleaze to a tory politician.

Anyway, I am a vegan and object to pieces of dead animal being used as a seat cover when there are so many far better alternatives available.

Guest Bob in CT

I've got #138. I thought it was the ugliest bike in the pictures until I saw it in the crate. That ugly brown seat never made on the bike. I have 3 guzzi's registered and always take the Tenni. 8200 miles so far this year. It's hard to explain, but the more I look at the bike the more I like it. :D

Tenni #138

96 Sport1100

79 G5

• 5 months later...
Guest Tenni#099

Seing the new flood of members to the forum it's time to revive the list. Any new Tenni's to the team?

Gerco

No 011 (I think) Is sitting at the dealer, new in Western Australia. They are actully quiet nice in the flesh when I saw the photo's I though it was a bit too umm intresting. But for me to hand over extra cash for a ltd edition it has to be more than a cosmetic treatment.

...I've yet to see one "in the flesh" yet. Maybe I'll catch one at the National this year?

I agree though, for me.. in the photos my impression of the color scheme is that is looks a bit unusual, but many people have said that it looks much better and very striking in person. So I hope to catch one eventually.

Given the price differential, I was somewhat surprised as well that the Tenni was mostly a cosmetic edition. Given that it was a tribute to MG's racing past, I wonder why MG didn't fit the Tenni with the Scura's suspension, or some other performance tid-bits other than the single-plate clutch? Who knows, maybe Aprilia/MG were just getting things rolling with the new models, and it was too soon to start mixing-and-matching.

Well, no one can say that the new Rosso LeMans is a cosmetic limited edition :mg: ...although I'm not sure I like the checker-board paint scheme. But hey, I'm sure lots of people out there love it, and that's all that matters :thumbsup:

But bottom line, if you like the Tenni, it seems that there are some great deals to be had out there now as many have sat on dealer showrooms all year. BTW, the Tenni was supposed to come with both the suede and standard seat as part of the package.

al

Hi

I have Tenni 165 bought for £5795 new ,absolute steal .It came with 2 seats i use the ARTIFICIAL SUADE seat when its not raining.Love the bike done 1000 miles in 4 weeks only problem has been the cutting out at idle [happened twice on roundabouts the other day very close call].It looks much better in the flesh than in pictures although i am not sure how long the crinkle black paint is going to last.

Regards Martin

Fareham England

UK

DSCN0015.JPG

• 11 months later...

I love this bike. I've never seen one 'live' though. I think it is a very attractive color scheme. I believe the suede seat is an homage to tradition in Guzzi's past.

Fernando - I will be in Coral Gables in July. I'd love to stop by and take a picture of your bike and see one in real life.