V1100 Peg hangers

F344

I bought these from a guy on ebay. He said thay are good for a V11 also. Are they gonna bolt on or am I gonna have to work on them a little?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

b5_1.jpg

Yep, these were posted by Zeb last week I think as a heads-up that they were on eBay, and we chatted about how they may not fit a V11 without some work/adaptation.... it just depends :huh2:

Here's the deal.... the dimensions of all the mounting points will be fine, and they will install without problem to the frame of the V11. *BUT* MG used at least 2 different swingarm pivot pin sizes on the threaded portion of the pin over the production range of bikes during the 90's/00's using this particular sideplate.

The V11 swingarm pivot is 22mm, while the earlier Sport1100 is 21mm, and I think there was yet one other size. The actual diameter of the portion of the pin that inserts into the swingarm bearing is the same though.

If these plates you bought from eBay do have the wrong sized threaded hole for your pins, you have two options:

1) Machine and tap the holes larger on the plates

2) Buy pins from an older model that fit the holes

I had my holes machined, but either option is fine. The only real issue with buying new pins is that you are likely to wait a while for delivery as MGNA has the pins, but not the lock nuts I heard.

The challenge with option 1 is that the machinist is likely to bugger up the finish on the plates(as they did on mine a bit, but got the work free.... so it's OK :rolleyes: ).

With that in mind, if you know you have to machine them, get that work done before you have the plates powder-coated/polished/painted. In my case, I didn't know they wouldn't fit until afterwards <_>

Here's the thread on the subject:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2736

al