Mufflers again!

Guest John T

Guest northend

Harper's can be found at: harpermotoguzzi.com

Scroll down thier home page to : Mufflers and crossovers

Thier carbon fiber cans have the nicest (smoothest) finish i've ever seen on a set of carbon cans and they don't have any manufacturer stickers or naneplates rivited on them.....CLEAN!!! :thumbsup::grin:

They also have the same M-4 cans in aluminum if you prefer for100.00 bucks cheaper but I opted for the carbons.

They sound great, they look great, and they'll be on your front porch in less than a week unlike FBF which you may never see and the quality isnt near as good.

Theyre also a perfect fit with the techno sport bags if add them. I'm 110% happy I went with them.

Hope this helps.........Jeff H. :rasta:

I just had a nice email conversation with a fellow from New Zealand- he informed me about Neptune mufflers, which he runs on his bike. They look pretty darn nice, and looks like they set up higher than stock. I don't know if that's a consideration.

http://www.neptunemufflers.co.nz

Check out their MV Augusta mufflers. Coool. B)

Guest GGuzzi

Ok since I am new to this game and all of you seem bery seasoned I have a few questions.

I am interested in changing my exhaust system. I don't like loud but I do enjoy forceful and deep.

I like the fbf's and am cofused about all the other component that are offered such as:

Airbox Conversion Kit

Power Commander 111

What will these new components do to the bike and are they necessary?

And to full enhance the power output of my Lemans shouldn't the whole exhaust system be replace ex: 2 into 1?

Guest northend

I think the debate is still out on weather the open air box adds much if any HP but I do enjoy the intake noise it makes when your spankin it. :grin:

Then again, I believe that any mod to make the motor breathe freer is worth the investment. :thumbsup:

The PCIII I feel is a must when you start modifying. It gives you alot more adjustability with the fuel delivery. There's also alot of "custom maps" out there that you can download off the internet per the mods that you have done to the bike. You can also have your bike dyno"d to have its own custom map made. :nerd:

I also feel that they come way to lean from the factory just to pass emissions.

As for the exaust, I don't know of anybody that makes a 2 into 1 other than the Gezzi & Brian setup that is kinda like a Buell setup. A new crossover and a good set of end cans, again to help it breath better, is the best setup.

My mods are:

M-4 carbon cans

FBF airbox kit

FBF crossover

PCIII USB

emissions crap removed

The bike sounds much better, runs smoother, and seat of the pants, pulls harder also. Hope this sheds a little light

Later............Jeff H. :rasta:

Guest GGuzzi

Thanks Jeff,

More questions.

Did you buy the cans from harper's or MPH. Also did you do the installations yourself and if so was it difficult to do?

Thanks for the help. I surely appreciate it.

GG :mg:

Guest northend

Yep, did all the mods myself.I got mine from Harper's (nice people).

The cans are a piece of cake. If you also go with the FBF crossover, the crossover is a very tight fit so you have to loosen everything and play with it to get it just so but it is an exact fit.

The Mistral crossover has had fitment problems (bad bends).

The PCIII is a simle plug and play installation, plus hot and ground leads and mounting the box ( I velcro'd mine in the tail section).

Probibly the hardest part of the whole job is removing the fuel tank, more to the point, the fuel, vent, and emission lines but once you've done it once, its no big deal. And while your under there, you might as well get rid of the emissions crap if you so desire.

Don't be intimidated about working on the bike. Its a very owner friendly easy bike to work on. :luigi:

Go ahead, you can do it and if you run into problems, we'll be here... :mg:

Talk at ya.........Jeff H. :rasta:

Guest GGuzzi
Yep, did all the mods myself.I got mine from Harper's (nice people).

The cans are a piece of cake. If you also go with the FBF crossover, the crossover is a very tight fit so you have to loosen everything and play with it to get it just so but it is an exact fit.

The Mistral crossover has had fitment problems (bad bends).

The PCIII is a simle plug and play installation, plus hot and ground leads and mounting the box ( I velcro'd mine in the tail section).

Probibly the hardest part of the whole job is removing the fuel tank, more to the point, the fuel, vent, and emission lines but once you've done it once, its no big deal. And while your under there, you might as well get rid of the emissions crap if you so desire.

Don't be intimidated about working on the bike. Its a very owner friendly easy bike to work on. :luigi:

Go ahead, you can do it and if you run into problems, we'll be here... :mg:

Talk at ya.........Jeff H. :rasta:

Dude,

Check this out. I was the dealer today and he believes that the Guzzi racing set -up is the way to go. titainium cans, with computer. I am not sure what the modification is on the air box. I know the airbox from FBF is just removing the lid and keeping it open with a larger air filter on top. He also believes that the power commander 111 is difficult to tweak without a dyno. What do you think? I am confused. I don't want to create anymore issue than I have . :huh2: Should I go with the guzzi. Antone oneelse out there have an opinion????

Guest GGuzzi

P.S.

I am not even sure the change the crossover. Is there a coverter downthere? It looks like one.

Nope, no converter in the US on the V11 models. The OEM crossover is just a big box with some perforated sheet to help deaden the noise. Somewhere here there is a few pictures of one cut open.

Guest northend

The Guzzi race cans are nice and it comes with a new computer box also for around a 1000.00. You'll have that much into aftermarket cans and a PCIII

You can also mount the Ti-cans high or low (stock position) as it comes with extra high mounts also.

The PCIII is easy to tweak, and I do like to tinker :luigi:

Dude,

Check this out. I was the dealer today and he believes that the Guzzi racing set -up is the way to go. titainium cans, with computer. I am not sure what the modification is on the air box. I know the airbox from FBF is just removing the lid and keeping it open with a larger air filter on top. He also believes that the power commander 111 is difficult to tweak without a dyno. What do you think? I am confused. I don't want to create anymore issue than I have . :huh2: Should I go with the guzzi. Antone oneelse out there have an opinion????

It's actually quite simple ^_^

The MG Ti "kit" simply consists of:

1) Two "unrestricted" titanium exhaust cans(basically identical to any aftermarket units, except badged Moto Guzzi :mg: )

2) A new 15M ECU remapped for the freer flowing exhaust

3) Hardware to hang the pipes

...that's it :D

There are no additional modifications to the airbox or crossover that come with the MG Ti kit.

And IMHO, it's not a "bad" deal for $1000(although perhaps barely a "bit" pricey :huh2: ), especially if you never plan to do anything else with the induction/exhaust of the bike. Basically, you get a nice looking, complete kit, that will run well with your bike in one package... easy :thumbsup:

So, you spend $1000(maybe less, I've seen them for around $700 on sale), and you're done :bier:

But, if you plan to add airbox modifications, crossovers, or anything even more severe like cams, pistons, etc... you'll need a PCIII anyway.

So at that point, I would say the more you do, the more the finances drive you toward just buying some nice aftermarket mufflers, crossover, PCIII ,etc...

That's really the break-point... if you plan to add more "stuff". Unless $$ is no object of course, and you simply want the MG Ti kit for it's looks, then do whatever pleases you aesthetically the most :D

al