Nice clock for Le Mans

Guest Tenni#099

Guest Tenni#099

I found the clock displayed underneath with one of the general merchandise distributors in the Netherlands, MDI. Fits very good with the dashboard. More details available on request.

regards, Gerco :helmet:

post-5-1036841651_thumb.jpg

Guest Tenni#099

The bike only drives at 3.00... :P

Take a closer look at your bike and you will see that the clock is mounted on top of the steering point (I don't know the right english word for this). The ingnition key is located above the guzzi plaquette.

regards, Gerco

Very interesting clock solution :)

Another alternative is the Formotion clock.

I got the SS clock and thermometer, and they've worked out great:

Stainless Series

.....they also have them in black, glow-in-the-dark, and other styles to match your tastes and the newer gauges of the 2003 Guzzis with their black trim.

There is only one caveat. The thermometers have had some issues with vibration causing the black paint on the needles to "dust" off and deposit a very fine black powder on the face of the guage over time. Formotion is aware of this defect, and will replace them without question if this happens, as they did with mine. They are also working on a permanent fix/design and will replace all older defective thermometers with the new one once available. Really great folks and great customer service.

The products are a little pricey, but they are built tank-tough, and of the highest quality :)

al

Installed_1.jpg

...here is how the Formotion clock and thermometer is mounted on my bike. Note that I used Formotion's specific bracket to mount this to the OEM bracket for the dash on the LeMans. No modifications to the bike were necessary, so this can be removed easily, serviced, and returned to stock without problem if desired. It's also quite visible in this location.

This photo shows my initial installation some months back. Later I procured a longer metric fastener and added a rubber grommet/spacer to elevate the bracket about 1cm above the dash to protect the dash's finish and allow the bracket/guages to be slightly isolated from vibration. But the look and installation are essentially the same.

Installed_3.jpg

Guest Tenni#099

Chris,

I ordered it from the company with the site MDI motorcycle equipment. The site is in dutch, but there is an e-mail possibility. Maybe they can help you. The clock is waterproof. My bike stands outside and I haven't had any problems so far.

regards, Gerco

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
Very interesting clock solution :) 

Another alternative is the Formotion clock.

I got the SS clock and thermometer, and they've worked out great:

Stainless Series

.....they also have them in black, glow-in-the-dark, and other styles to match your tastes and the newer gauges of the 2003 Guzzis with their black trim.

There is only one caveat.  The thermometers have had some issues with vibration causing the black paint on the needles to "dust" off and deposit a very fine black powder on the face of the guage over time.  Formotion is aware of this defect, and will replace them without question if this happens, as they did with mine.  They are also working on a permanent fix/design and will replace all older defective thermometers with the new one once available.  Really great folks and great customer service.

The products are a little pricey, but they are built tank-tough, and of the highest quality :)

al

I've just ordered the Formotion glow in the dark clock and thermometer. I have plans of mounting them a little differently. I'll post the pix as soon as get them in.

I like the sticky tape version of the Formotion clocks. http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...4b03da93552b4af

The glow in the dark feature is essentially useless though. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to put a very small bulb inside for nighttime use. There are ultr violet led's that would make it glow, but aside from the exceptionally high cost (>$40 and short lifetime), there is a health issue, so making the luminescent face glow is out of the question.

• 3 weeks later...

...just thought I'd post the same update in this thread too :)

Formotion is now shipping the new and improved(hopefully) SS Thermometer to address the paint "shedding" or "dusting" from the needle as noticed on some of the white-faced units.

Formotion has been working on a solution to this issue since last Summer, and has apparently found a paint solution that will not vibrate from the needle as easily.

I just received my replacement unit with a postage paid box to ship back the defective unit at Formotion's cost.

I can't say enough good things about their customer service, a definite "thumbs up"!

Hopefully the new thermometer will not exhibit this minor, but annoying problem any longer :)

al

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

Here's what I've done with the Formotion Scooter Clock and Thermometer. Originally, I wanted to mount to the windshield screws, but I would have had to modify or make a bracket. I'm too lazy for that! I prefer to ride rather than engineer.

post-5-1040592720_thumb.jpg

• 9 years later...

I know its a old thread, but someone might find some updated info useful regarding clocks and thermometer. On a ninja 250 forum by chance I found clock maker for bikes that also makes a dedicated mount for Moto Guzzi's especially all models that share the same instrument layout as V11's. I like the position that is right below the speedo and rpm gauge and use the stock screws but I recommend blue locktight them with the clock bracket. It comes in white or black face and for the price of $45 USD each including brackets it gives a good run for the money compared to Formotons clocks.

Their at: http://www.clocks4bikes.com/ I'm not affiliated with them but I'm sure some V11 owners wants to mount clocks on their bikes the easy way and its much easier to read then mounting it inside the fairing.

6593469249_3c35cd5457_z.jpg

6593469597_a149481e1f_z.jpg