Driveshaft

big unit

The driveshaft on the V11 Sport is essentially the same as the one on the Sport 1100i. May even be the same part number, I don't know. The drive shaft on the V11 Sport is stressed less highly than the one on the Sport 11001 because of angle and rotational speed. Bill Doll has over 80,000 miles on his Sport 1100i. No driveshaft problems. I have 58,000 on mine. Same story. Just keep it lubed properly.

I'd like to think my driveshaft will last that long. Problem is, my bike was installed in a batch of 2001s that had the front universal joint installed backwards, and as a result, as my main guy at my local dealer said, there's not a hope in hell of greasing it, even if the driveshaft is removed from the bike.

Another #@%&!*G pissoff, makes you wonder how these people at the factory boil water for their morning tea.

I've got 8 months left on my bike, but clearly Moto Guzzi North America has signed off my bike as being out there too long to cover anything now. I'm on my own now. How much does one of these drive shafts cost anyways? I just checked, and they want $69.30 for a Seimens relay. Yes, that's 69.30,...... for a relay!

Ciao, Steve G.