Scura problems

Guest wier

Good one.

I like the rattley dry clutch; sounds like an open primary on a drag bike. Menacing and people tend to be intimidated when they hear something vaguely loose.

Have you seen the price of that petrol stuff? Other Guzzi parts prices are cheap compared to this. Either they replace the stuff that ran out under warranty or I'm finished with these Moto Guzzi people.

When I leave my house I'm going to turn right – it's downhill.

:huh2:

Thanks to all for your help.

In answer to the on off thottle problem: There is so much transmission snatch that when I open the throttle on the exit of a bend it upsets the whole bike, like wise in town when excelerating and decelerating.

There seems to be a load clang associated with it as well!!!

As for the pinking, I always thought than pre-ignition was harmful to the piston? so why live with it?

Since buying the bike I have put an extra 1200 mile on the clock and either my ears are getting more sensitive or things are getting worse, I've noticed a vibration coming from the transmission on the overrun and the engine is starting to cough back through the carbs at low rpm.

Have I just got a bad one?

Bill, :(<_< 45 and ageing faster than normal

What about the locating arm (proper name has gone out of my head) rubber bush that Baldini and others have reported as disintegrating at low mileages? :huh2: – arm that is attached to right side rear drive box at back wheel.

That might cause some slack and clonking in the tramsission system as you describe.

There was some heat treatment issuses with some transmissions, i think MOTORCYCLIST had one that the had some gears replaced in due to wear problems.