Relay Problems. Help!!!

Guest GGuzzi

Guest GGuzzi

I love my Rosso Corso 2003. But not long after I bought it i have been experiencing starting problems. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a 12v amp on the relay panel. It lasted a few weeks and Now I need to push it to start it . Any Guzzi heads out there with the wisdom i need????

I love my Rosso Corso 2003. But not long after I bought it i have been experiencing starting problems. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a 12v amp on the relay panel. It lasted a few weeks and Now I need to push it to start it . Any Guzzi heads out there with the wisdom i need????

GGuzzi,

What do you mean by starting problems? Does the bike crank over and not start? Or does the starter not spin?

I had a problem with the clutch safety switch circuit and at times my 03 Rosso would not crank. I by passed the clutch switch at the connector under the fuel tank. There was a wire that was grounding on the coil pack.

If it sounds like the problem I had, try turning your bars lock to lock while holding down the starter button. If it cranks, look for an open in the clutch safety switch wiring.

Hope this helps,

Mike

I am too lazy to read the wiring diagram right now, but the clutch switch, ignition switch, kill switch, relay(s), and misc. connectors could all cause the starter to fail.

But also the ignition in general could fail which is really deadly if you cut out in front of cement trucks on a daily basis.

If it is the ignition in general, look to the kickstand and neutral light switches as well as everything else.

If you have more details, we can narrow it down.

examples.

lights on, turn signals work, horn works, high beam works, high beam flasher works, fuel pump comes on then stops, relays make only one clicking sound when key is turned on, relays make more than one sound when key is turned on.

neutral light is on

oil pressure and alternator lights are on.

brake and taillight work.

headlight dims when starter button pushed, headlight does not dime when starter button pushed.

starter makes clicking noise. noise is single click, noise is ratchet like noise, no noise,

etc.