Long Tank fuel line QD connector alternatives

audiomick

Yeah, I know. It was more like thinking out loud. :whistle:

So, I went back and had a closer look at the workshop manual here:

https://guzzitek.org/gb/ma_us_uk/1100/V11_1999-2003_Atelier(Compil-GB-D-NL).pdf

On page 187 there is a diagramme of the fuel system for the models with the external fuel pump. Amongst other things, the text says

The fuel pressure in the circuit is kept stable by the
pressure adjustor “4”. This controls the amount of fuel
flowing back into the tank.

i.e., the pressure regulator is the last thing on the way back in to the tank.

In the diagramme, it is obvious that the connector to the injectors is a T-joint, i.e. one hose upstream, one downstream, and a hole in the side into the injector. That means, after the filter up to before the regulating valve is a simple open loop. Swapping the hoses output filter <-> input regulator must be completely irrelevant.

On page 538 is a diagramme of the system with the pump in the tank. Once again, an open loop from one connector to the other, and the text on that page is almost identical with the text on page 187.

Page 542 shows the fuel pump. The second photo clearly shows a dark coloured and a light coloured connector, so one red and one white. The first photo shows the fuel pump assembly. There, one can see the connection fuel pump - fuel filter - dark coloured connector. The pressure regulator is marked "C", and can only be on the tank side of the light coloured connector. Therefore, it must be irrelevant which way around the external lines are connected to the tank.

Glad I had a good look at that. You learn something every day. :)