tail light options

Guest bshpilot

Guest bshpilot

jeezus man 149 bucks !?! who the hell are they kidding....

thought id share it w/ yall just the same...apparently avail

from bobsbmw (and no way do i recommend these guys)

post-5-1088181199_thumb.jpg

I like it!

If it is as bright and wide angled as the stock light, I could go for it.

I once tried making my own LED bulb from Radio Shack LEDs.

After spending $20 on LEDs the light was too dim...

I estimate it would have been $60 in LEDs to get it bright enough.

Of course there are likely better sources of LEDs, but it is sooo confusing as they all claim that they are Super Bright!

Maybe if www.webbikeworld.com does a review on it....

I cannot access the image you posted. Does it involve a flashlight and tape?

Perhaps the gear shift can be incorporated into the left boot and brake pedal in the right boot. That brings forth possibilities for gloves but then what could be located in the seat of the pants?

Guest bshpilot
I like it!

sooo confusing as they all claim that they are Super Bright!

Maybe if www.webbikeworld.com does a review on it....

i like it too...but the price is a bit insane (like everything @ bobs...

and no matter how good a customer they wont discount unless

youve bought a bike from 'em...so you get your screwin' one way

or another i guess)

anyway webbike has done a review on some alternatives...and

these came up as being VERY good....LED TAIL/STOP LIGHTS

• 7 months later...

Just fitted an LED tail light conversion kit to my V11. Took about 5 mins to fit and it simply connects to the existing fittings, using the standard bulb holder.

Available from www.nippynormans.com cost was £49.

Have also bought one for my Jackal.

End result looks brighter and more modern. Here is a couple of pics showing tail light only, and one with brake light on- maybe I should have done these at night to get a better view!

Guy :helmet:

Just fitted an LED tail light conversion kit to my V11. Took about 5 mins to fit and it simply connects to the existing fittings, using the standard bulb holder.

Available from www.nippynormans.com cost was £49.

Have also bought one for my Jackal.

End result looks brighter and more modern. Here is a couple of pics showing tail light only, and one with brake light on- maybe I should have done these at night to get a better view!

Guy  :helmet:

42416[/snapback]

Looks good! I can only recommend NippyNormans - good people and fast replies. I was about to purchase a xenon headlight kit for my Scura, but Danish MOT told me this was a no-no ´cos you must be able to dim your xenon lights whilst riding (??) Looks cool though, so maybe I'll have a go at it anyway. :whistle:

Søren

PS: Love that license plate. How about the plods? Do they share your sense of humour? :D

sorry for the very basic question, but what is the advantage of the led tail light?

less energy consumption? more bright?

About the xenon lights for the front light I was reading an article on an italian motorcycle magazine called "In sella" which literally translated means "on the seat". This article was comparing xenon lights with common lights, and the result was that they are a lot more expensive and the brightness increase is 5 to 10% maximum. If it is so, is it worth putting a xenon light?

Søren

PS: Love that license plate. How about the plods? Do they share your sense of humour?  :D

42424[/snapback]

Hi Søren!

I will probably get a ticket for the plate one day but I don't care. It is technically illegal but the letters are full size and hopefully the police are more worried about the guys who have tiny unreadable letters. ARSE! is the war cry of the Pennine branch of the Moto Guzzi Club GB- if you ever hear it at a rally you know who is making the noise!

I am getting a number plate made up with a picture of a big pink pig for my girlfriend's Le Mans Mark V- this is not a reference to the police but its just that she likes and collects pigs!

Please let us know if you decide to go ahead with the Xenon kit- I must admit I have my eye on it myself.

Regards

Guy :race:

sorry for the very basic question, but what is the advantage of the led tail light?

less energy consumption? more bright?

42427[/snapback]

They are most definitely brighter and I am told come on faster.

Really for me it is just a cosmetic thing cos I think they look good and I can't stop myself spending money on my V11!!! :grin:

Guy

They go on faster and go off faster- more binary. The lifetime is far, far longer than a filament bulb and they are less susceptible to shock. Also, since there is a cluster of LEDs, in the unlikely event that one burns out, you have backups and backups and backups. They use less energy, and they are brighter in line of sight. Since LED's are emitters, they have an axis (or cone really) of emmission. Anything off angle can be substantially dimmer, but I think that's improved a lot recently.

J

PS: Love that license plate. How about the plods? Do they share your sense of humour? 

I do, but that doesn't count for much.

It is technically illegal but the letters are full size and hopefully the police are more worried about the guys who have tiny unreadable letters.

and the bunching or difficult to read fonts. I can't see you having any dificulty with that plate. you'd be really unlucky or have to upset someone big time. Might want to slip the original back on for MOT test though.