Riding in Mandello del Lario

Guest dkgross

and don't foget to hit the gelato stand that's right around the corner from the boat dock. drooool.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ahd also heard that the museum was open limited hours but Gambalunga has me worried so I have sent an email to the factory. Will keep you posted.

Am also disappointed that I won't be able to rent a Moto Guzzi at Agostini's. Ah well, it only means I shall have to return another time - when I can stay 2 weeks and everything is open!!!

It's a long shot, but try Le Volpi Ciccione. He advertises in the Guzzi newsletter. He's an agrotourismo coordinator and may be able to work out a rental deal.

www.levolpiciccione.it or

info@levolpiciccione.it

They (Le Volpi Ciccione) did not rent Guzzis as of 2 yrs ago, but they are quite nice to deal with.

FWIW, I used a BMW and while it was a fine bike to ride (a bit droopy, but hey...) they are a little wide for Italian roads. Think thin- makes travelling in towns easier.

The Breva 750 would be absolutely ideal. Too bad Agostini is not available.

J

Antonio,

I have to find that road from lecco to milan next time, the only one I know is dull, with trafic lights. Which roadnumber?

my advice for a road:

go north to colico, then east sondrio, edolo, then at ponto di legno up the mountain to passo di gavia.

passo di gavia:

day2big.jpg

then bormio, passo di stelvio, zernez, st moritz, passo majola, chiavenna, back left side of the lake, to menagio, and over the lake by boat.

I received an email from Agostini confirming they are closed from Aug 7 to August 22. I wasn't clear on the dates with my first enquiry. They recommend www.biancoblu.com in Milan although they do not rent Moto Guzzi. I think I shall wait til next year and plan a longer holiday - but not in August.

...and if I get to Rome in Sept...how hard is it to get to Mandello del Lario? k