uk dealers - recall work

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

To all UK members

I was all set to book the recall work at POWERHOUSE in Ashford Kent, when they advised that they are (again) no longer authorised dealers and therefore could not undertake the work, I've had good experiences with them so I'm diisappointed by this.

My Problem now is where to take the V11???????

The nearest dealer geographically would be STEADS in Romford, but I've never heard anything about them good or bad and would welcome any experience of them from forum members (please send a direct message if your views are strong!! to PXSMART@CTRL.CO.UK.

I'm prepared to venture into London if necessarry to Corsa Italinina if highly recommended.

Third option is somewhere near South Wales, as this is where I keep the bike.

As a general comment does any one actually live near their Guzzi dealer, i.e less than 20 miles???????

Paul

Gravesend, Kent and Cardiff (some weekends)

Paul,

I found Corsa very good. Baldrick got my Scura running very clean thru the rev range & has been very helpful with warranty stuff. They are, I think, expensive (but as they're the only m/c dealer I've had service work done by, I'm hardly informed...). I've heard good things about Streffords in Worcester, & Mark at Twiggers in Loughborough was very helpful re the gearbox spring problem.

KB :sun:

Guest PAULSMART

Thanks Baldini

I have justed booked the bike in to Corsa for Kit A work - gearbox and rods!!

to be honest they aren't to happy with the number of recall bikes heading there way, but what could I do, if my local dealer can't do it :huh2:

What did surprise me is that the customer has to pay for oils, filters gaskets etc. :o

Eh...??? surely this can only be italian logic - why the bloody hell should I pay for it :angry:

Has any one made a claim for this extra expense? I would like to add travel expenses to any claim. - yeah I must be dreaming!!!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pasturej

My Le Mans had its 6,000 miles service at Powerhouse. I was going to call them to book the 12,000 but obviously I'll now need to look elsewhere! Thanks for the warning. Pity, though, because they are only about 10 miles from me.

I should have known when I dropped off my Triumph Trophy recently for its 54k service at The Foundry (Triumph, Harley, Buell and Suzuki dealer) in Canterbury and handed over the keys to Dave, up until recently the Powerhouse workshop manager.

By the way, does anybody know if is it essential in the UK (from a warranty preservation perspective) to have the bike serviced by an MG dealer?

Thanks

Jonathan

Guest PAULSMART

Powerhouse are still happy to service guzzi's, the point is that they can no longer recover payment for warranty work.

regarding warranty work, recent EU regs has meant that any dealer that is compitent (I think being VAT registered is enough) can carry out work and warranty won't be at risk. BUT..... this is to much hassle in reality.

Paul

• 1 month later...

I can agree with chris, Definitely recommend Moto Strada. Jason is very helpful and free with the advice and coffee if required. A refreshing change to the usual dealerships that grab your money :thumbsup: