Greasing clutch actuator

GuzzTim

About 3 weeks ago I started hearing a squeak when I pulled in the clutch.. A minor annoyance, and I thought it was coming from somewhere in the transmission as opposed to being a squeak at the lever.

When tinkering with the bike yesterday I noticed what appears to be a grease nipple at the back of the engine where the clutch line goes into the transmission..

Is this a grease nipple? and if so, how the heck do you get a grease gun in there.??

Thanks, Tim

thanks Paul... you're right, it looked more like an bleeder nipple as it had a cap..

What do you mean by "is it not the clutch self" ? can you clarify? Because it only makes the squeak when I pull in the clutch handle (with the engine off) I thought it must be something mechanical, something with a joint or hinge as opposed to being within the clutch plates etc... The hydraulic line must push in some rod and maybe that's where the squeak is..

Thanks, Tim

Well, it's not a *good* situation. Dry splined shafts wear much faster. Do you need to have the transmission recall work done? If so, then that is the time to do it. If not...

Try to find the source of the squeek before dropping the gearbox, though. Before doing that much work, you should be sure of the source.

J

Guest vkerrigan

I would echo jrt's comment about verifying the source. Before getting into clutch/transmission areas, put some wd-40 on all pivot points of your clutch lever assy and see what happens. Hopefully its something as simple as that......vk