power?

Guest nitzge

Guest nitzge

I have a 02 Lemans, @ the 6kmi. check-up I had the guzzi titanium pipes & computor, and the BMC airbox eliminator kit installed, 900mi. later, loss of power @ around 3500 rpm. seems to be running lean, but I'm no mechanic! just took into the shop and the computor says the TPS is ok, any ideas?!?

If it isn't the flux capacitor then I don't know what the heck it is.

Seriously.. this is a very weird problem. All I kcan think of is that there is a glitch in the new ECU. Did this just show up 900mi after the mods or was it there right after the mods? Perhaps the ECU isn't mapped for the lidless airbox? That could create a lean condition...

:huh2: really, we need more info to help you...

cheers,

Rj

Guest nitzge

the bike ran very good after the mods, for 900mi. then trouble started. I dont know if a valve problem is at the heart of the matter or not, runs normal up to 3500rpm then the bike is flat! someone mentioned the fuel pressure regulator?

It's certainly more common for the rubber air intakes to split than regulators to go bad.

When it acts up, pull to the side of the road and open the tank. See if there is a vacuum??

I was thinking more along the lines of the intake manifolds. On the metal intake clamped to the head, there's a port; usually a brass nipple _or_ it's blanked off with a bolt. If there's a nipple, then it will have either a rubber boot on it or a hose. So many choices.

If it is blanked off, then fine, but if it is not, then make sure whatever rubber tube or boot is sealed. I'm pretty sure it's not that, since it would cause rough running at all speeds.

J

Guest nitzge

resolution! heads up to all lid-less geese, the problem it seems was the heat reflective tape on the bottom of tank came loose and got sucked into the BMC, as a result my dealer is recalling all the BMC's he installed to fit a bracket he made! I'm glad it only took 2 days to figure that one out as we'all were scathin r heads! WESTMORELAND GUZZI-TRIUMPH is the name of the dealer, good bunch of guys!