2004 Nero Corsa vs 2001 V11 Sport comparison

robbiekb

So I just had a test ride of a 2004 Nero Corsa and had the opportunity to do a head to head comparison with my 2001 V11 Sport.

First up, I was amazed that with only 7miles on the clock, the nero would hold an idle ! My V11 wouldn't idle right for the first 500 miles. The next thing that blew me away was the throttle response on the newer bike. I've always felt a lag between opening the throttle and something happening on my V11, which often leads me to being kinda ham fisted in my riding. not so with the Nero. Ok now lets talk about the actual ride quality. WOAH ! The ohlins totally transofrmed the bike, even with the stock springs and suspension settings, there was no wallowing in corners or "squidgy-ness", basically the bike felt significantly lighter yet at the same time more balanced and composed. It didn't exhibit the "dive-in" that i get on my V11 when i'm pushing hard on corners. I attribute this to the different wheelbase and geometry of the later bike.

Other things i noticed, the clutch seemed way lighter and the finish quality was much much better. Despite the longer stretch to the bars, the riding position seemed more comfortable , in fact I remember thinking at one poin that this is probably what it feels liek to ride an ST2 or a BMW :)

The few quibbles that I did have were due to easily fixable things. With the increased stability, the engine really does feel emasculated in stock trim. Not only is my bike significantly louder (always a good thing) but it was way more powerful. On the dyno it was putting out over 13 more rwhp than the nero. It's pretty safe to put this down to thenew engine of the Nero as well as the pipes, airbox and power commander that i'm running.

All in all I cme away slightly awed about how much better the Nero was than my 2001. I think it's going to be pretty easy for me to justify to myself why I should buy the Nero and keep my V11 as they feel so different to ride.

On little niggly thing though, every time i'd go to use my turn signals i'd honk the horn as MG in their infinite wisdom moved the switchgear, oh well....:)

On little niggly thing though, every time i'd go to use my turn signals i'd honk the horn as MG in their infinite wisdom moved the switchgear, oh well....

Annoying isn't it. Same on my 03 Lemans. It's worse when trying to use the clutch at the same time. Can also catch it when going for the headlight dipper.

But just a niggle

On little niggly thing though, every time i'd go to use my turn signals i'd honk the horn as MG in their infinite wisdom moved the switchgear, oh well....:)

..... :lol: ..... told ya! :P

Ah well, blame it on Domino though, not MG so much. MG just buys the lot of current model switchgear from them, and Domino changed their design for some reason :huh2:

Glad to hear you had a chance to compare the bikes, and came away with a positive impression! :bike:

al

So I just had a test ride of a 2004 Nero Corsa and had the opportunity to do a head to head comparison with my 2001 V11 Sport.

First up, I was amazed that with only 7miles on the clock, the nero would hold an idle ! My V11 wouldn't idle right for the first 500 miles. The next thing that blew me away was the throttle response on the newer bike. I've always felt a lag between opening the throttle and something happening on my V11, which often leads me to being kinda ham fisted in my riding. not so with the Nero. Ok now lets talk about the actual ride quality. WOAH ! The ohlins totally transofrmed the bike, even with the stock springs and suspension settings, there was no wallowing in corners or "squidgy-ness", basically the bike felt significantly lighter yet at the same time more balanced and composed. It didn't exhibit the "dive-in" that i get on my V11 when i'm pushing hard on corners. I attribute this to the different wheelbase and geometry of the later bike.

Other things i noticed, the clutch seemed way lighter and the finish quality was much much better. Despite the longer stretch to the bars, the riding position seemed more comfortable , in fact I remember thinking at one poin that this is probably what it feels liek to ride an ST2 or a BMW :)

The few quibbles that I did have were due to easily fixable things. With the increased stability, the engine really does feel emasculated in stock trim. Not only is my bike significantly louder (always a good thing) but it was way more powerful. On the dyno it was putting out over 13 more rwhp than the nero. It's pretty safe to put this down to thenew engine of the Nero as well as the pipes, airbox and power commander that i'm running.

All in all I cme away slightly awed about how much better the Nero was than my 2001. I think it's going to be pretty easy for me to justify to myself why I should buy the Nero and keep my V11 as they feel so different to ride.

Bingo!

This is what I felt when I purchased my 03 Rosso Corsa. The bike is so stable at speed, no head shake on hard throttle, no high speed wallow, just point and shoot. Just amazing what one inch does for wheelbase!

Glad you liked it,

Mike