Warperd Rotors?

Guest jlburgess

Guest jlburgess

I had the early style front rotors on my '01 V11 sport, and always had trouble with pulsing feel at the lever at low speeds. Guzzi replaced them under warranty with the newer style, so I thought all would be well, but now the problem is back again. I've tried the WD40 trick and pulling on the rotors to see if dirt has caused the rivets to get jammed up, but it only works temporarily. Has anyone found a permanent solution to this like new pads or something??? It's not like I'm riding at race speeds, so I don't know why the rotors would warp.

Thanks? :bike:

Guest nitzge

if they are warped, layin down on a piece of plate glass will show it. checked front bearings, axel, shims?

I too have noticed a slight pulsing when around the, ah..10-15 mph and lower speed. Say the last 2-3 seconds before coming to a full stop. Like JLB I can't believe I've gotten them hot enough to warp. I recall that there was no pulsing the first several weeks of riding the Nero brand new. I guess it has gradually crept in as I've accumulated some miles (2500 now).

My BMW K75RT had the same issue after I swapped out the front rotors, but it eventually went away. I suspect it might be a pad bedding in issue, but it's just a hunch, so I ignore it for now, and will likely continue to. What is the "WD40 trick"? I know what WD40 is, but what do you do with it? Clean around the rotor buttons with it?