Rear Stand

Guest 2001f4s

Here is something I picked up off the www.guzzitech.com site

Sport 1100 Work Stand

Here’s a photo of an engine support that I built to support the Sporti while removing the forks. I used a conventional front stand and rear stand to lift the bike and then put a cinder block and this support under the oil pan. I then removed the fork stand and left the rear stand in place. It was as solid as a rock while I was working on it.

The bottom piece is a 2x6 and I made the top parts from pieces of 2x4. I used a contour gauge to match the contour of the pan bottom and used wood screws to assemble it - nails aren't recommended. The top pieces are spaced such that they straddle the oil filter access plate so that no force is exerted on it.

Jerry Riedel

I just got a full stand, and I have to say it rocks. My father-in-law welded it up for me, and I am quickly becoming very used to it. No more bending over to futz with bolts you can't see or get at. No more laying down on the floor. I'm gettin' old and lazy and cranky.

J

Guest bshpilot

nice, very nice....id love to have an air actuated HANDYbrand table...

but even w/ a table you have to have stands or something to raise the

bike for any wheel removal and associated work.

Handy is what this was modeled after. Actually, Handy is an Iowa company, and their lifts are hell for stout. If you can drive there, they sometimes sell blemished models for cheaper.

I would have prefered air activation (I even have an assembly for it), but in the end, this is more portable. I can always retrofit- it's the scissor action that is the key to the lift.

The nice thing about it is that I can weld too. So any extra plates, levers, lifts, etc. shouldn't be a problem. I wanted to put the bike on it before I started welding on it though- so I know where to put stuff. This will be used to service the Sport, and Eldorado, a Breva, and whatever we buy in the future.

J

Guest bshpilot
The nice thing about it is that I can weld too.

man im dying to learn how to weld...if im ever in iowa ill look you up

for a lessen...at the same time if youre ever in virginia beers on me,

trade ya for some welding hints ;)

I'm a total hack when it comes to welding. I can do it, but ya' probably don't want your life to depend on it. Besides, all I can use is a stick- I don't have any of those fance tig/mig setups (someday, though).

If you want to learn welding, check out your local community college. Ususally, the classes are cheap and they provide all the materials. Ours has classes in welding, machining, beer brewing, and all that good stuff, and I don't think it's more than about $50 for a semester.

I'll still take you up on the beer! :drink:

cheers,

Jason