Trick Taillight?

Guest freud

Guest freud

I was just wondering if anyone had done this yet, it seems like a good idea, I plan on elimating my fender ASAP, (a "universal" plate should do fine) and am locating my signals into the tail today. Is there a cheap and easy kit, similar to the lockhart phillips flush signal dealies?

I mean really, there's got to be. But, my local LP place just can't find anything appropriate, and the cool kits from firestarter garage are expensive and the call to italy is expensive too!

Maybe this isn't technical enough, should it be under an "obsessive cafe coscetics" thread? Sorry if this isn't a-ok... just getting feet wet in this forum and all...

freud :vomit: I really like the vomit emotocon, really. genius it is.

:vomit::vomit:

I think we should have the following sub-sections within the technical section:

If its running OK - break it :luigi:

Don't ride it - break it :luigi:

How to obtain 150 bhp from a V11 - and break it :luigi:

Well, first.... never ever for the love of God buy anything electrical from Lockhart Philips <_>

You think classic English and Italian electrics are dicey?? hrmph.... buy any set of signals, etc... from LP and you may as well just buy a couple sets for spares. I bought several in the years past for other bikes, before I learned my lesson.

Junk Junk Junk :vomit:

Now, that being said ^_^ ....and it really HAD to be said :P

Yes, there are at least three tail pieces/kits that I am aware of that incorporate the light into the tail. Two of them are in Germany I believe, and I don't have the URL for them handy, but I bet someone here does. One has dual round "frenched" lights, and another has a big oval light worked into the rear if I recall. The dual round treatment is the better looking of the two though.

But the best looking is made by one of our forum members Paul Minnaert, and you can get them through TLM, our forum sponsor.

All of them are pricey though, as they are low volume, but Paul's is especially well made and everyone that has one really likes the results. You will also have to get any of them painted yourself, so factor in another $300-400 for that.

Here is a link to Pauls website:

http://guzzi.daytona-it.com/

Good luck!

al

Guest robbrugg

Or check my extensive search for fender elim kits here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3315&hl=

There's unfortunately a low demand for such cool items, based on the puny number of V11 Guzzi owners, let alone those that feel a change of a stock Guzzi is warranted. BUT - there are a few options in my thread - I did want to produce one of my own that fits well, but there doesn't seem to be enough demand (the kit by Evoluzione is no longer available because of low demand - CRAP!). I still may make one for myself and others that request one.

Robb

Guest freud

:vomit:

Al and Rob... Thanks, I am probably going to order the Ferracci Tailpeice now, and am going to install those signals I bought, I realize they are junk, but it should look good once they are on, really. I'll show you a picture later. Although HEY Rob! I'm definately interested in your conversion!

:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

freud