Sorry, wrong lever

Guest slowpoke

Guest slowpoke

I guess I goofed and everybody must have thought I was talking about the Brembo clutch lever. That's fine. It's the foot shift lever that broke. I bought a billet brake lever from MPH but their website does not mention a foot shift lever. Any alternatives to the cast OEM product that broke so easily. I don't want this happening again when it doesn't need too. Thanks

I can't think of his name right this minute, although I'm sure someone else will recall.... but the fella that makes the fancy fin guards also makes one or both?? .... of the foot controls out of billet I believe.

Based on everyone's experience, I agree that it would be nicer if these "levers" would bend instead of snapping on a whim :unsure:

If someone knows the cost of the foot controls from "that fella", that would be helpful as well. I don't think we've ever heard pricing, but I could be wrong. Again, I just don't remember off-hand.

al

I'm not aware of any aftermarket items, MGNA probably doesn't have them in stock, if they do, they'll probably still take forever and they are sure to be quite steep on the price. So you might want to contact Pete Morcombe at:

rebootguzzispares@hotmail.com

www.rebootguzzispares.com

I can't think of his name right this minute, although I'm sure someone else will recall.... but the fella that makes the fancy fin guards also makes one or both?? .... of the foot controls out of billet I believe.

I believe you're talking about Joe Kennedy. I've seen his adds in MGNOC news letter

Guest Graham in NZ

If you have the part which broke off, why not just have it MIG welded together again?

I did this after a spill and it's been fine ever since.

The method used was to put the parts together dry using a "plumber's mate" holding device, then weld the web and inside faces of the top and bottom flanges. Once that was done the top and bottom flange outer cracks were vee'd out, welded and dressed to shape. That is important for appearance and so that the pedal will go downwards without fouling the frame side plate.

Graham