handlebar risers for a Ballabio

Guest billw

Guest billw

Hello I'm new at this forum but was hoping someone might have knowledge or exsperiance with handlebar risers for a Ballabio. Any one have any thought on this subject. I'll check back. thanks Billw

.... higher than the stock risers on the Ballabio? :huh:

I'll have to admit that I think this is the first I've heard of anyone wanting to raise the bars even more than the Ballabio does over the Sport/LeMans ^_^

With that in mind, I personally haven't heard of any risers, but since it's a simple system, you may be able to have someone machine some spacers, or maybe find risers from another make(like Harley Davidson) that raise the bars even further.

Another option is that since the Ballabio has regular bars, unlike the Sport/LeMans, you may be able to find a different set of handlebars that have a higher rise themselves..... which in fact may be the easiest option. You could probably check with a shop that sells motocross parts/bars :huh2:

Good luck!

al

Guest Natrix

I have put 3,200 miles on my 2004 Ballabio and I now find the handlebar and footpeg locations to be very comfortable. At first, I thought the bars were a little low, since I had been riding a California III for 10 years which has considerably higher handlebars. However, the more I ride the Ballabio, the more I like the slight forward lean that takes stress off the lower back and spreads it to the shoulders and arms. Furthermore, the small windscreen allows the air flow to support the body at speeds above 50 mph or so. I think you will get used to the Ballabio riding position and grow to like it. :thumbsup:

concerning the rise on Ballabio handlebars. thanks for any and all suggestions. I've put 6000 on her so far this summer, it's a good machine. I've had the saddle redone by Mayer in california and am very happy. Trully hated the stock seat with the geometry for the drop bars. The new saddle is for me much more comfortable on a 200 plus mile day put the bars would be far better about an inch up and just a little back. I'm a lot bigger than average ; 6' 6", 245lb. and had the pillion seat reduced by almost 3 inches to get a better fit. The bars are a little low now with the different cockpit geometry. It takes a little adjusting to get the fit right but the machine is stong and has a solid performance. The truth is I can't buy a suit off the rack either and don't mind the effort of a custom fit. And...The bones and metal plates in my left arm do not like downward weigt at all. Again thanks ;I appreciate the help. Ride safe BillW

Guest Natrix

Wow, you DO have special needs! I also had a new seat made for my Ballabio by Rich Maund and lowered the footpegs with the evolutione V11 footpeg kit. I can understand why you don't like forward lean if you have an arm injury. I have lower back problems (herniated disks) and so the slight forward lean takes stress off that injury. I agree about the strength of the bike and I have enjoyed putting miles on it. I have done a couple of 500 mile days, and even wth the new seat, it gets a little rough on my butt. I just saw an article in Motorcycle Consumer News about a new "Monkey Butt" powder that is supposed to help!

Cheers :mg: